Thursday, May 3, 2012

In Honor of Cinco de Mayo..

Feliz Cinco de Mayo, foodies (yeah, my two years of high school Spanish didn't teach me foodies in Spanish.. Lo siento.)!

Earlier today, I got my tax return check which inspired me to go grocery shopping and make something delicious for dinner.

Now, if you know me, you know I LOVE spicy food. You can never go wrong with jalapenos or Hot Rotel (very authentic, I know). So, I decided to combine the two and make a jalapeno chicken casserole--just in time for Cinco de Mayo!

Warning: This recipe is not for the faint of heart. You must love jalapenos. And spice. And everything nice.

Pair with a Corona or margarita and you are good to go. Ole!

Anngredients:
  • 1 pound cut up boneless, skinless chicken breast
  • 2 cups shredded Habanero cheese
  • 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
  • 1 can Hot Rotel
  • 1 8 oz. package wild rice
  • 1/2 cup jalapenos
  1.  Pour out juices from Rotel can into skillet and cook chicken.
  2. Cook rice according to package, minus 1/4 cup water. Drain and cool.
  3.  Mix cut up chicken breast, 1 cup cheese, soup, Rotel and rice in bowl.
  4.  Place mixture into a 9-inch pan. Add remaining cheese over the top.
  5. Garnish with more jalapenos (this is optional--I add 12 or so to the top of the cheese).
  6. Bake at 325 degrees F for half hour. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs