Wednesday, April 10, 2013

My Big Fat Catholic Wedding

We finally have our professional wedding pictures! I have been so excited to share these with you all!

Our wedding day was nothing short of perfect. It was so incredible to have all of the people that we love together in one place--plus, I got to marry the man of my dreams. Not too bad of a day!

I now present to you our wedding pictures (the ceremony)!

It was such a blessing to go dress shopping with my mom. It was such a wonderful bonding time for us and we made memories that will last a lifetime! I knew I wanted a trumpet gown with straps so when I saw this, I fell in love. My moms two best friends, Diane and Sharon, helped steam my dress before the ceremony--it was so special to have them in the room with us!

Here are a few of the "getting ready" shots. My best friend and MOH, Jen, did my hair (and did a fabulous job!), loaned me her veil (my something borrowed!), and put on the garter (my dad wasn't in the room--and I think that ritual is kinda weird anyway). My dear friend and future Godmother of my children, Turin, helped Jen with the babies breath and veil. 

I really don't like pictures of just me but Erika (our wonderful photographer!) did a great job of capturing the moment and the emotions--these pictures make my heart smile.

We had the sweetest and most beautiful flower girl ever--my Goddaughter, Emily. She did such a good job!

Some shots with a few of my girls! Turin (the gorgeous redhead on the far left) and I have been besties since we were sophomores in high school; our parents are even best friends (Sharon is in the first picture)! 

Both of my grandmas and my Grandpa Paul have passed away and my living grandpa was unable to attend due to health reasons--so his older sister, my Great Aunt Millie (the cutie in the picture second on the left), stood in as my honorary grandparent. She is the most amazing woman I have ever known--she took my brother and I skiing for our first time (when she 78), drives a red sports car, belongs to a poker club and walks miles with her dog every single day--and she's 93! It was such an honor to have her be apart of our special day <3

Jen (the stunning one in the pic second to the right) has been my best friend since 7th grade. We grew up together, lived together, and even sported matching Explorers (and mullets!) in high school! It was such a blessing to have her as my Maid of Honor. 

Kendra (the tall hottie on the right) and I have been friends since 1990--our entire lives! We grew up together and still remain close friends. She flew out from San Diego to be apart of the wedding--what a sweet friend I have! 

This is the stunning cathedral we were married in--I might be a little biased but I have to say that we had the most beautiful church wedding ever. The exterior, interior, gospel, music (by my high school buddy Victor, Uncle Ed and Aunt Brigette) and company made for an incredible ceremony. 

The big walk down the aisle--my favorite picture from the wedding is the one of Brandon when he sees me for the first time :)

Pictures from the service (from R to L): my lovely cousins Gabby and Veronica (our candle lighters), Father Jeff (our amazing priest), Beautiful cousin Megan (our reader), and B & me standing with Fr. Jeff.

A few pictures from the service.

The exchanging of rings, signing of marriage license, lighting of the unity candle, and laying roses at the foot of the Blessed Mary. 

It's official!

It really was an incredible day and I am so happy to have these pictures to look back on! I'll have more wedding pictures next week so stay tuned!

Party, Party, I like to Party

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Your pictures are beautiful and your dress is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beware none of my comments really connect so it might sound choppy :)

    Love love love your dress!
    Catholic churches are so pretty it ALMOST makes me wish I was Catholic so I could've gotten married in one, but we didn't even wind up getting married in our church because they had a kids' program the night we wanted.
    What service is Brandon in?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful pictures Annie! I'm so glad it was perfect! I can't wait to see more! And you look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures...I feel like I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous bride, gorgeous ceremony! Handsome groom, wonderful friends and family! Congratulations to you both. May you always remember how you felt on that day when times are tough :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on the nuptials :) Everything is amazingly beautiful! You, the church, the flowers, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs