Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Gabriel's Three Month Update

Ah yes... another month has passed with nothing but radio silence... Oy!

We have been so busy and I have so much I am needing to document but just haven't had the time because of kids... and work... and life. Anyway, before I ramble anymore, let us talk about the man of the hour -- Gabriel Anthony!

Our (not-so) little Gabe is now 3-months old and is cuter than ever! I can't get over how chunky and absolutely adorable this kid is... his personality is definitely coming through more and more, and it is such a joy to not only watch him grow, but be his mamma! Here is a look back at another eventful month:
Photo by Jackson.
Weight: I can't find our bathroom scale anywhere, but I am going to guess he's pushing 15 lbs...

Length: 23 inches. at his 2 month -- will have this updated after his next appointment.

Nicknames: Gabe, Gabey, Baby Gabey, Chunks, Chunkilicious

Wearing: 3 month is officially too small for our big guy and 3-6 month is getting to be a little tight... Jackson had a bunch of his cousin's hand-me-downs, but since my sister-in-law had another boy we gave them all back and I didn't realize how few of our own clothes we had! That being said, Gabe goes through the same few outfits over and over (and I keep having to do more and more laundry) and I REALLY need to go thrifting to get him some "new" stuff! Hopefully soon I will have time to get back to my thrifty ways (instead of constantly shopping on Children's Place's website for clothes that he outgrows after only a month)...

Sleep: Still a great sleeper... as long as he is on me! He will usually take a 30 minute nap in the morning in either his swing or Rock n' Play, a nap on me at around lunch time, a long afternoon nap when I go to lay down with Jax, and then he sleeps all night, 

Gabe likes: Being interacted with, smiling/laughing, eating, bath time, kicking, his playmat, sleeping on mommy, Jackson, staring at daddy, tummy time (when somebody is down on the floor with him), swinging, books, tickles

Gabe dislikes: Not being able to roll over, dirty diapers, car seat (though he is getting better), tummy time on his own, loud music, being left alone for too long, when he sees somebody leave the room

Mom & Dad's Favorite Things: His huge smiles/belly laughs, cute little jabbers, big eyes, and playing with him/showing him off to friends and family!

~My parents think I'm crazy, but I seriously think that Gabe and Jackson (right) look A LOT alike... what do you think? (Both are 3 months in these pictures)

~I got a little ambitious on New Year's Eve and decided that since we were staying up late anyway, I would try to get Gabe to sleep in his crib. It was... exhausting. I seriously rocked/nursed/sang to him for nearly an hour to get him to even lay down in the first place, and then he would scream the moment I laid him down. After letting him cry for a few minutes, I would start to process over again and he FINALLY slept in there for two hours (he would even wake up and put himself back to sleep)! Anyway, we tried again the next night and it was a nightmare so I decided to not mess with it again until he's a little older. 

~Gabe's first Christmas was a huge success! We hosted and had my parents, brother, aunt, and uncle over on both Christmas eve and day, and the boys received a train set and Curious Georges/books from Santa! It was a wonderful day and Gabriel even gave us the gift of a long nap while we opened presents :)

~All day, every day. I think I had mentioned cutting dairy out of my diet in Gabe's 2-month post, but can't remember if I had mentioned what a difference it has made! It was like clockwork: Gabriel would begin to cry and was completely inconsolable for about a month there and once the dairy was gone, he has done a complete 180 and is now such a happy baby! 

~For our 4th anniversary, we went to dinner with my aunt and uncle, took the boys to a DU men's basketball game, and stayed the night at the Denver "dinosaur" hotel and had an absolute blast! The game was a little louder than I had anticipated but the stadium was nearly empty (and we sat right behind the players) which made for the perfect first basketball game for both boys!

This was taken at 5:30 am, so ignore my face.
~Last week we attended the beautiful wedding of a dear family friend in Dallas! Both boys did AWESOME on both flights (and Gabe slept/nursed both trips) and we had a wonderful time visiting with framily, resting in our hotel, visiting the Dallas World Aquarium, and dancing the night away at a fun wedding reception! There is so much more I want to share about this trip and will hopefully get around to writing a dedicated post soon.

Pictures

Since Jackson got to have his friends over to watch a movie, it was only fair that Gabe got to have his besties (Natalie and Bennett) over, too! 

Sweetest, most protective kitty ever,
We had the boy's passport pictures taken (and received the actual passports a few weeks later!) for our trip to Punta Cana in March!

Jackson crafting with an audience.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs