Monday, October 28, 2013

31 Week Bumpdate

Wow, another busy, busy week (more on that tomorrow)!

This is the first week that I have actually felt really, really pregnant--my pencil skirt will no longer zip up all the way (more on that below) and I had one heck of a time kneeling during mass the other night (I was helping my dad do the music in the choir loft at my hometown church and there wasn't enough space between the wall and my bump as I kneeled--I had to hang on to the ledge for dear life!). I feel like a whale but wouldn't change it for the world--I love feeling my sons every kick, hiccup, and jab. As excited as I am for him to be here, I have to admit that I'll miss being pregnant!*

*Check back in 5 weeks to see if I'm still saying this.
How far along: 30 weeks, 4 days

Total Weight Gain/Loss: My bathroom scale is saying 8 pounds but I'm pretty sure that's a lie.. I'd guess somewhere between 10-12.

Maternity clothes: I CAN NO LONGER ZIP UP MY FAVORITE PENCIL SKIRT!!! This incident happened the other day, but I wanted to wear it so badly that I just decided to zip it up as much as I could and wear a long shirt over it.. it kinda worked (but it might be time to invest in some maternity work clothes)..

Stretch marks: Still no marks!

Sleep: I have no problem falling asleep every night.. staying asleep is the tricky part. I'm usually up 4-5 times each night beginning at around 1:30.

Best moment last week: It was another wonderful, wonderful week! I got to spend time with my parents, aunts and uncle, and best friends from high school (who also threw a beautiful shower for Jr.)!

Movement: Lots, but he's a little stinker about it. My friend Lore was wanting to feel him kick at the baby shower on Saturday (which he's always doing) but of course he decided to stay perfectly still/sleep through the entire thing.. but the second I got back to my parents, he was as lively as ever. He's in utero and is already doing the opposite of what I ask.. :)

Food cravings/aversions: Nestle Chocolate Breakfast Essentials--yum!! I have one every morning with my oatmeal.

Gender: Boy babe. 

Labor signs: Occasional Braxton Hicks.

Belly button - in or out? The top half is starting to poke out a little bit and I noticed that when I cough, it pops out all the way.

What I miss: My family and friends--time really does fly when you're having fun!

What I am looking forward to: Tyler and Jessica's wedding this weekend and actually getting to spend some time with my husband (we've been on the go so much these last few weekends that we haven't seen much of each other)!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Make sure you check out Goodwill and consignment stores for maternity clothes since you won't be wearing them that long!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs