Monday, October 14, 2013

29 Week Bumpdate

Hi Guys!

Remember me?!

I'm sorry I wasn't around at all last week (except for the Monday bumpdate)--it was a very, very busy week and I had a major case of writers block. But never fear; I have lots to share this week so you'll be hearing a lot more from me (aren't you thrilled??)!

Let's talk baby!
Where's Bitsy?!
How far along: 28 weeks, 4 days

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 7 pounds.

Maternity clothes: Nope! I do really want to hit up a thrift store though for some men's flannel.. that sounds so comfortable.. and loose fitting.. and forgiving..

Stretch marks: Still no marks!

Sleep: I have had a rough week of sleep. My upper back (basically where the top of my metal rod is) and round ligaments have been killer. Oh well though.. I know the round ligament pain just means he's a growin' (and I'm a showin')!

Best moment last week: Going to church and then to dinner with my boys (Brandon and Joey) on Saturday night. I just love having my brother live in the same town as us!

Movement: All the time still--and I love it!

Food cravings/aversions: I had a pretty hardcore McDonald's breakfast craving when I was up and about early Saturday morning (around 3am) so I gave in and got their oatmeal and yogurt parfait (I also picked up a couple of sandwiches for Brandon to eat when he woke up--still asleep at 3:30am? Seriously, what a bum!--and took a few sandwiches over to my brother, who works the front desk overnight shift at a hotel). It was so worth it and I was actually able to fall back asleep after eating.

I also had a pretty large hankering for another Hells Bells burger on Monday afternoon.. so my brother and I ventured over to the restaurant that serves them after work to indulge. I'm sad to say that it was a pretty sketchy experience. My burger tasted great (it made me very ill with acid reflux a few hours later but that was a risk I was willing to take) but there were literally flies everywhere.. even in my brothers enchilada (one flew into the nacho cheese that smothers the top while the waitress walked it to our table). Soo, yeah.. we probably won't be going back there for awhile. On that note: if you're a local and know which restaurant I'm talking about, I have to tell you that the owner was there and was super cool/embarrassed and apologized over and over and re-made Joey's enchilada and gave us a discount so I'm not trying to rag on them.. I'm just a little grossed out from the whole experience.

Gender: Boy babe. 

Labor signs: Okay, I'm getting a little paranoid with these Braxton Hicks contractions (I'm pretty positive that's what they are--your lower abdomen suddenly gets much fuller and you feel a bunch of pressure, right?)--I read somewhere that you aren't supposed to have more than four in an hour but I'm definitely getting them more frequently than that. Should I be worried? This has been going on for a couple of weeks now and Jr. seems like he's fine so I don't think there is anything wrong but I worry.. we have our next OB/GYN appointment on Wednesday so I'll definitely bring it up to my doctor then.

Belly button - in or out? Innie

What I miss: I have been thinking a lot lately about my deceased grandparents and wish they were still around.. they were all such neat people and I would have loved for my kids to know them!

What I am looking forward to: My pregnancy massage tomorrow afternoon.. oh boy, do I need it!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Gah, you are looking so great! I look like a stuffed sausage next to you haha! I totally feel you on the Braxton Hicks... its so freaky! My doc downplays it everytime I ask, so I try not to sweat it too much, but it gives me massive anxiety everytime I get a round of them! Especially while working, its hard to focus on anything else! But we are in the home stretch now lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's fun to hear your baby adventures :) I had tons of Braxton Hicks contractions with all my pregnancies. None of my babies were ever too early, so chances are no problems, but always good to ask the DR.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs