Friday, May 30, 2014

Weekap*

*Week+Recap=Weekap

Wow, what a crazy, crazy week this has been. We leave for our vacation next week (can't wait!) and have been busy trying to get things squared away before we go. We are so looking forward to visiting family, witnessing the marriage of one of my dearest friends, celebrating my parents 25th wedding anniversary, and just getting away from it all for a couple of days! I'm hoping to be back to a somewhat normal posting schedule once we're back from vaca so stay tuned for lots and lots of pictures and stories.

In the meantime, follow me on Instagram and Twitter for lots of vacation updates & pictures (because who doesn't like looking at other people's vacation pictures?)!

Annieway, here's what we've been up to this week:
  • If you read my post on Tuesday, you know that Jackson fought his first ever cold :(. After writing that post, we went for a long, long walk and instead of shading his (sleeping) face when we walked away from the sun, I let him soak it up.

    Folks; Vitamin D is an amazing thing. He was virtually snot free by Tuesday night and only occasionally coughs now--hopefully he'll be 100% again by the end of this weekend!
Tuesday afternoon tummy time at the park!
Before
Monday morning
After

Tuesday evening

  • My best friend moved 12 hours away.. something about her husband finding a really good job and the town they are moving to is really nice, blah, blah, blah.. :) I'm so excited for Jen and Ryan and their new adventures but boy am I going to miss them! Jen and I have been best friends since 7th grade, were each others maids of honor, and lived together during college--she's the closest thing I have to a sister and I'm going to miss her terribly!
Our families.. when did we grow up?!
Gotta do a throwback pic for fun (this is before I had my back surgery)!
  • Regular and Fun Size Brandon make my heart so happy! This isn't really new news--just needs to be said again :D
  • A few weeks ago, I got the new iPhone 5S and was instantly smitten--it runs SO much better than my old iPhone 4 did, has Siri, and takes great pictures. I absolutely love it, bought a cute case for it, and decided we'd be together forever.. and then it fell out of my pocket while Jax and I were running errands on Wednesday and the screen completely shattered. I. Wanted. To. Cry. (Major first world problems, right?) Anyway, I found somebody who would fix it for me that same day (for a pretty penny) and my beloved 5S and I were once again reunited! The place that fixed it threw in a free knock off Otterbox so hopefully it doesn't happen again.

    It was definitely cracked.
  • Jackson loves Bits and Bitsy is starting to warm up to Jax--it warms this cat/human mamma's heart!

In addition to all of this goodness, I have been getting ahead on my work so I don't have to worry about it on vacation--it's been a chaotic mess but it's all coming together and I'm almost finished! Speaking of which, I better get back to it--have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs