Monday, July 7, 2014

Monday, Monday

Since becoming a stay-at-home mom 6 1/2 months ago, I've noticed that my days run together.. after all, I never really get to leave my job.

I live with my boss.

My boss is extremely demanding and insists I work 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

There is no such thing as a weekend in my bosses big, bright eyes.

With all of that being said, you'd think Mondays wouldn't effect me, right (because in the world of motherhood, isn't every day a Monday)?

Wrong.

Monday means that my hottie co-worker has to leave for 8+ hours a day to go to his other job.

Monday means that it's just me and the (adorable, precious, and sweet) boss.

I used to make it a point to stay home and work around the house on Mondays--since I have my marketing job that I do from home, I have a 5pm newspaper deadline to meet, social media posts to schedule, stories to research, etc. In addition to my paid work, I also have the dishes to do, laundry to fold, cat hair to vacuum up, dinner to prepare, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Staying in (except for our daily afternoon walk) just seemed easiest.

Over the last couple of weeks, things have changed.

Monday mornings are now Jax's and my time to get out and socialize a bit.

Jax and I now have a new Monday morning tradition: We leave our apartment when Brandon leaves for work, get out the stroller, walk over to Barnes & Noble, and enjoy story time.

One of the (very) few good things about living in an apartment is that we live close to several of our favorite stores and restaurants, including B&N--Jax enjoys watching all of the little kids and listening to the story; I enjoy getting some fresh air and walking around my favorite store. It's a win/win!
My big boy sitting up all by himself at story time!
After story time is over, Jax and I walk over to the park to watch the kids play in the splash pad (Jackson is my little people watcher), head home to do dishes & laundry (he loves "helping me" by chewing on tupper wear lids or playing with a stray sock), eat whatever pureed veggie I have thawed for him, and then he naps on me while I do my newspaper writing.

I love Mondays with my little guy!
We've also started going to a baby music class at the library--more on that another time!
 Do you have any weekly traditions you do with your kids?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs