Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Mommy Break

Being a mom is hard work.

Don't get me wrong; it's the best job in the world and I thank God every day for giving me my beautiful son but it. is. exhausting. I feel so incredibly blessed to be able to stay home with Jax--Brandon has an awesome job that allows me to do so and I have my part-time job that I do from the comfort of our home. It doesn't get any better! 

Lately though, I've been feeling more tired and have had less patience with everyone and everything.. I felt like a failure as a wife and mother. After an especially trying day a few weeks ago, I told Brandon I needed to get away for awhile. But where was I going to go?

I wound up taking my computer to our local Starbucks, nibbled on a cheesecake brownie, and just wrote for a couple of hours. It's amazing what a few hours to yourself can do--it was therapeutic and gave my tired soul the little break it needed.

I have started designating Thursday evenings as my little "mommy break."

I sip on hot mint tea.

I listen to the lulling sounds of The Black Keys. 

I write. 

I return home feeling more patient, rested, and thankful.

The thought of leaving Jax and taking some time for myself made me feel like a terrible mother--but now I realize that getting a few hours to myself every week actually makes me a better mom. I'm happier, more upbeat, and feel more ready to tackle anything.

If any of you mammas out there are feeling tired and weary, take a step back and do something special for YOU--being a mom is tough work and it's easy to forget to rest and take care of yourself.

Take a long walk.

Go get that pedicure you've been contemplating.

Attend church or adoration by yourself.

Visit a coffee shop, indulge in something sweet, and kick back.

Whatever you decide to do, enjoy it! You're awesome, mamma and you deserve it! 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs