Monday, January 4, 2016

New Year & New Resolutions

Happy New Year, Friends and Family!

I hope everyone's 2016 has gotten off to a healthier start than ours has...

Early Wednesday morning, I woke up with a gunky throat and immediately panicked -- I have contracted bronchitis AT LEAST once every year since my senior year of high school, and I miraculously hadn't had it at all in 2015... and with Brandon's and my big anniversary trip this week, I could not afford to be getting it.

Long story short, I took some Mucinex, called Cassie (our sweet babysitter), slept a bunch, and tried to warm my chilled and achy self the entire day... and guess what? It worked! I felt one-million times better Thursday morning!

But then Jax ended up getting sick Friday evening and had a worse cough/fever than I did... anyway, it is now Saturday and he seems to be fine (minus a little cough here and there), so please keep your fingers crossed that he stays that way while my parents watch him!

Here are a few random pictures from our NYE/day:
This is actually from Wednesday when I was sick... Cassie took it and sent it to me when I was dying in bed :P
Also from Wednesday... I wonder how he ended up catching what I had? #momfail
I wasn't able to get Jax out of the house at all on Wednesday, so Brandon took him to Kohls and to dinner Wednesday night while I laid in bed and tried to work.
FINALLY! A Thursday photo -- such a mess but he had a blast!
NYE meal at the OG with my two favorite people!
My aunt gave me this sweater for Christmas and it's basically the cutest thing ever.
When the new year hit, we were already lights out (though we did stand next to the window so Jax could watch all of the illegal fireworks being shot off around the neighborhood).
Did you make a resolution this year?

I typically don't (because I usually break them in record time), but this year I decided to choose a word to live by... so my word for the year is....

*drum roll*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

JOY

As some of you may know, Joy is my middle name (literally) and it's always been one of my favorite words, so I decided to make it my 2016 mantra by living and spreading it!

How will I live joy? I am going to try to do more little things for myself that make me happy, like reading (since getting my OIYS job back in April, I haven't read a book :/), drinking tea before I go to bed, and getting my hair shampooed whenever I go in to get it cut... just little things like that that boost my mood.

How will I spread joy? I want to surprise my husband and son more often, give money to strangers, and do kind things for family and friends every chance I get. 

I am really looking forward to 2016 and look forward to sharing it with you, dear reader! Here's to another wonderful year! Oh, and blogging gives me joy, so you will be hearing a lot more from me this year (ready or not).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs