Thursday, February 18, 2016

{Heart Day}

I think it is safe to say that Valentine's 2016 is going down in the books as one of the best ever!

As a teenager, I always had the stereotypical "Valentine's Day needs to include flowers, candy, movie dates, blah, blah, blah," but now that I am a grown, (at least I like to think) more mature person, I truly enjoy the simpler, more laid back things...

...and that's exactly what this Valentine's Day was!

Since Brandon works 10 hour shifts Sunday-Wednesday, we celebrated V-Day on Saturday by taking my Great Aunt Millie to mass, followed by meeting my parents and brother at one of our favorite restaurants. It was seriously no fuss and exactly what we all needed!
After dessert, Jackson worked on his selfie game...
...and then took this (surprisingly good!) picture of his Uncle Joe.
I regret nothing.
Since Brandon worked Sunday, Jax and I spent the day doing a little light cleaning, watching Netflix, crafting, reading, napping, making Lauren Elizabeth's fabulous buffalo chicken egg rolls and my famous fruit pizza, and then watching the Jimmy Fallon Valentine's Day special after Brandon got home. 

 

I hope your Valentine's Day was filled with everything your heart desires! Now please excuse me while I go scope out the clearance candy at King Soopers...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs