Monday, December 2, 2013

36 Week Bumpdate

I wanted to begin this post by apologizing for my absence late last week--my computer is on the fritz (yet again..) and I haven't been able to use it often. However, I am married to a very smart and tech-y guy who plans to fix it later this evening when the part he ordered comes in! Yay computer! Switching gears to baby..

I'm going to be singing a different tune for a sec, so bear with me..

..Baby Sand, you can come on out next week when you're full term! I won't mind one bit!

This last week has been pretty rough and uncomfortable--lots of cramps, sleepless nights, aches, pains, and shortness of breath. I try not to complain too much because I have been extremely blessed with an easy pregnancy (heck, I've been extremely blessed to be pregnant in the first place) but I'm glad that the end is in sight. I have had several people now tell me that I'm going to miss being pregnant once he's here (which I know I will) so I'm trying to take everything one day at a time and enjoy feeling his every movement.

Even the kicks to the ribs.

Only four more weeks until we get to hold our son!
Here's a special treat for you all--a surprise cameo appearance by Bitsy!
How far along: 35 weeks, 4 days

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 16 lbs.

Maternity clothes: Oh maternity clothes.. where have you been all my life?! After Thanksgiving dinner, I vowed to myself to never wear my skinny jeans again--I even unbuttoned and unzipped everything on the ride home and they were still too tight! So yesterday morning I finally gave in and shimmied into a pair of maternity jeans. *cue Hallelujah Chorus* Man oh man were those things comfortable--they have no buttons or zippers, I can actually breathe when I wear them, and they don't look that bad with a loose fitting, flowy top! Thank you, thank you to my wonderful mother-in-law for buying me a couple pairs over the summer--they will be a lifesaver during these final weeks!

Stretch marks: Still no marks!

Sleep: Ugh, I don't even want to talk about it.. I'll just say that I never knew one person could be capable of having to use the restroom so many times throughout the night (I have ever cut off my water intake after 9pm).

Best moment last week: Thanksgiving at my sister-in-laws house! The food was as delicious as ever (I'm so glad she enjoys doing the cooking--there is no way my food would come out tasting nearly as mouth-wateringly divine as hers!) and the company was fabulous. I'm actually a little surprised that I didn't go into labor from laughing so much!

Movement: Yes, it seems even more so than before--on Saturday night, he kicked and moved around for nearly an hour! Normally he'll be awake and move for about 10 minutes and then go back to sleep but this time, he kept going and going. I wasn't sure if this was normal or not but several websites reassured me it is.. he's just a growin' babe!

Food cravings/aversions: Hmm, where to begin.. Fruit with my homemade cream cheese dip, Nachos Navidad from Taco Johns (the closest Taco Johns is nearly an hour and a half away.. :/), pancakes, eggs, pretzels with peanut butter, the Turkey Tom sandwich from Jimmy Johns, cheeseburgers, fries.. the list goes on and on.

Gender: Boy babe. 

Labor signs: My Braxton Hicks have been pretty frequent/consistent lately and I've been getting some weird cramps (does anyone else get those really painful/obnoxious cramps right before beginning their period? That's what these feel like--I've been having them off and on for about a week now) so I'm wondering if I'm in the beginning stages of labor. I have my next Dr.'s appointment on Wednesday afternoon, so I'll find out more then.

Belly button - in or out? Out.

What I miss: Living within a 10-minute vicinity of a Taco Johns.

What I am looking forward to: Christmas! Our tree is up, the gifts are wrapped, and I'm hosting a Christmas party for my church group tonight! Pictures to follow.

I have a really cool giveaway on the blog tomorrow so be sure to stop back at 8am CST!!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Wooo hoo!! So close! You look awesome and I am so happy things have been so smooth for you! I feel like all of my pregnancy has just caught up to me and I am exhausted and sore and crampy and ugh! Yesterday morning I had a wicked headache and actually got sick. I was sure I was going into labor lol. Nope. Your present is going in the mail this week, and don't worry I didn't buy you anything, unless you count the fabric I used to create the gifts. Happy holidays lady!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs