Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Baby Sand's Going Home Outfit (and My Hospital Bag)

Guess what, Baby Sand?

Your diaper bag and suitcase are all packed and mamma has her hospital bag together--that means it's time to get this show on the road! Come on out!!

Hopefully he reads my blog..

Anyway, I wanted to share with you all Jr.'s going home outfit! You might be able to guess what it is but if you can't, I'll give you a hint..

Yep, Baby Sand will be wearing his little KU romper (that I surprised Brandon with) home from the hospital!
If you'd like to hear the story about when/how I found out I was pregnant, check out this post.
As you can tell, the romper is a little flimsy/not very wintery, so I also packed two fleece blankets, warm fleece socks and mittens, a hat, and a fleece coat so he doesn't get cold in the car. I should have all the bases covered!

I am also proud to announce that I finally have my hospital bag (well, suitcase..) all packed and ready! I was kind of slacking on it because we live less than 10 minutes away from the hospital but I figured I'd pack the necessities so Brandon doesn't have to keep going back and forth to grab clothes/toiletries/books for me. Here is a list of what is in my hospital bag (no picture though--it's nothing special):
  • Loose fitting athletic pants
  • Fleece pajama bottoms
  • Low cut shirts for easy access (coincidentally, they are both Colorado Rockies shirts)
  • Nursing bra
  • Nursing pads
  • "Hospital" underwear 
  • Two pairs of fleece socks
  • Travel size shampoo, conditioner, soap, face wash, and lotion
  • Overnight pads 
  • Breast pump & accessories
  • Towel
  • Leg pillow
  • Bitsy (just kidding.. but I wish) 
  • Toothbrush and toothpaste
  • Makeup
  • Hairbrush and headband
As you can see, I'm packing pretty minimal here because I can't justify taking three different bags of loot when I know I won't use it (some of those hospital bag suggestion sites suggest you take everything but the kitchen sink).

So yeah, we're all set to go! I have my 37 week checkup today so we'll see if I've made anymore progress or if we're still looking at a January 2nd due date.
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. You are doing so well!!! Nice work! I love that video of you telling Brandon, I especially love your sniffle of happy tears at the end. So sweet. My bag is sort of ready to go, I never even considered bringing my pump! We live super close to the hospital too, so I am going minimal as well. I figure James will prob want to escape and shower at home if possible. Good luck, hoping for some progress for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! I loved the video! SO sweet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you!
    If you wind up having to be induced, make sure you take a book or smart phone or something. I didn't think I'd get bored, but that took forever! And you can always feel free to text me :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs