Monday, December 9, 2013

37 Week Bumpdate

I learned something yesterday: when you're pregnant, any bit of common sense that you may still have completely disappears.

Case in point: I wake up yesterday morning after getting very little sleep (Baby Sand has decided that my ribcage is the perfect place to rest his feet..), get out of bed, and decide to venture out in the snow to go to Walmart--I have been so incredibly tired/lazy over these past few weeks and had a long list of groceries and baby things we needed so I figured it was time to get my butt into gear and go shopping. After walking around Walmart for nearly two hours (I don't move as quickly as I used to..), I decided I had everything I needed for hubby (food and a shovel), baby (socks and a few odds and ends for the diaper bag), and mamma (hospital bag essentials). So I get home and decide that I need to wash all of the babies and my new attire and throw it into the washing machine.

You may already know where this is going..

A half hour later, I go down to the laundry room to find pink everything! I bought some really colorful and comfortable looking "high rise bikini underwear" to wear post-baby and decided it'd be just fine to throw those into the washing machine (on cold, of course, because then the colors won't run.. when has that ever worked? Get with the freaking program, Annie!) with Jr.'s new white socks and my white nursing bras and pads..

Wah wah waaaaaaah

Anyway, everything is packed away now and ready for the hospital--I'm just going to pretend that I intentionally bought a bunch of pink things so the baby and I would match.. in pink (that kinda makes sense, right?).
How far along: 36 weeks, 4 days

Total Weight Gain/Loss: 20 lbs--that's a four pound jump from last week!

Maternity clothes: I stuck to dresses and unbuttoned/non-maternity pants last week and they worked just fine.

Stretch marks: Still no marks!

Sleep: No... no sleep. I haven't been needing to get up as many times in the night to use the restroom but my ribs hurt like none other so it's nearly impossible to get comfortable--I've tried reasoning with the baby to come out early ("You know Baby, you should really think about coming out before Christmas. If you do, I'll read you the Christmas book I got you and I'll even buy you a present!") but so far he isn't listening. Little stinker..

Best moment last week: The Christmas party/surprise baby shower with my moms group!

Movement: Yep.. and lots of it.

Food cravings/aversions: I actually haven't had too many cravings this week.. just cereal.

Gender: Boy babe. 

Labor signs: I have been getting really sporadic lower back pain so I was hoping that was a sign of labor but apparently it wasn't.. I had my regular checkup last week and had my doctor check to see if I was dilated at all.

Nope. Not one bit.

He'll be here in January.

Belly button - in or out? Out.

What I miss: Sleep and when the baby was too small to hit my ribs..

What I am looking forward to: Christmas!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs