Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Snowy, Small Town Date Night

As I mentioned yesterday, we visited my parents last weekend to celebrate my dad's birthday! We had a blast spending time with family, eating our weight in junk food, and playing cards, but one of the highlights for me was getting to go on a little date with Brandon.

Brandon and I don't get to go on dates as often as we used to (can you guess why?) so we jump at the chance whenever the opportunity presents itself.. and it presented itself on Saturday night. At around 5pm, we kissed our sweet Jackson goodbye, bid my parents adieu, and headed out into the frigid cold for date night.

For those of you who don't know, I'm from a town of about 2,000 people (and graduated from a "large" class of 40) so there aren't too many places to go or things to do on a date.. BUT, when you're married and desperate for a little alone time with your spouse, any place that is at least 1/18th of a mile away from your dear little one is considered a perfect date.

Our perfect date took place 1 1/2 miles from my parents house at a restaurant and bar.
The outside temperature is displayed above the steering wheel so you'll have to believe me when I say that it was only 5 degrees outside (brrrrrrrrrr!).
My handsome (manly bearded) date with his prime rib and beer.
Yours truly with my usual (chicken nachos)--not pictured: my whiskey & Diet Coke (Fun Fact: I hadn't had any hard alcohol since before getting pregnant with Jax.. it. hit. me. HARD).


It was so refreshing to get away with my husband for a few hours. Our date may not look like anything special, but it was--having those few precious hours away with my husband without any interruptions (and without having to entertain/cut up food for a babe) was just what my tired mamma's heart needed.

Here's to (our next) date night!
ICYMI: Here's my dad and Jax eating birthday ice cream cake.. I don't think Jax missed us too much (but I have to admit, I sure missed him)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs