Friday, February 20, 2015

Give Thanks Friday

If you've been visiting my little corner of the Internet for awhile, you may remember the "Give Thanks Friday" posts I'd do every week (before the Friday Funnies, which I also no longer do.. I need to learn to stick to one thing!). Well, I've decided to bring it back during this Lenten season to help me put things into perspective and to encourage myself to always count my blessings. If you're looking for a little pick-me-up, I encourage you to join me!
 
Here are 5 things from this week that I am most thankful for:
 
1.) Since Jackson is sleeping in his crib now, Brandon and I have been going to bed earlier each night and watching a movie & Fallon before going to sleep -- it's a fun way to unwind after a long day and it gives us a chance to just relax, cuddle, and talk. Anyway, our TV was starting to go out and completely died after a few days (which is NOT good when your addicted to "The Tonight Show").. instead of having to go out and fork over a few hundred bucks for a new TV, my genius of a husband figured out how to solder the board and fix it! I'm extremely thankful for my smart and resourceful hubby!
 
2.) Brandon had Monday off from work and we enjoyed a fun day together as a family! Since it had snowed, we bundled Jax up in his little snowsuit, hat, and gloves and built a snowman, threw snowballs, and just played around in the snow--even Bella got in on the action and (cautiously) walked along the sidewalk while we played. 
 
3.) Sticking with weather, I'm very grateful for the (mostly) beautiful spring weather we've been enjoying in CO! Jackson and I go for walks, play in the backyard, and venture over to the park almost every afternoon which has been heavenly! I'm so looking forward to this spring and summer with my little nature boy.
 
4.) I'm so excited that Brandon and I are able to travel quite a bit this year! We just returned home from Vegas and are now getting ready to attend a friend's wedding in Kansas City in a few weeks. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that we'll get to take another baby less trip (it depends on whether or not Jacksie Boy is weaned by then) but if we don't, it'll still be a blast!*
 
5.) I'm so excited that Jax will get to grow up visiting grandparents in the country! My parents live just outside of town on 35 acres and have a beautiful back patio and neighbors with horses; Brandon's mom & stepdad have a farm with lots of animals and beautiful acreage; and Brandon's dad and stepmom live outside of Knoxville in a beautiful country club area with lots of trees and lush land.. I'm looking forward to Jackson making lots of fun memories at all of their homes!
 
This is only a few things I'm thankful for and now it's your turn! Tell me what you're most thankful for.
 
*Albeit a bit more stressful (with extra packing, flying with baby, etc.) and expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs