Tuesday, February 17, 2015

V-Day with the S-meiers

Is it just me or do holidays get to be more fun when you have kids?

I've never been a huge fan of Valentines (it's up there with Halloween) but since having Jax, I've been wanting to start fun Valentine traditions complete with decor, treats, and lots of love.

This year did not disappoint!

We started our Valentine weekend on Thursday with the 2nd annual tagging of Brandon's car--last year, tiny 2 month old Jax and I drove over to Brandon's work, found his car, and surprised him by hiding balloons, snacks, and love notes inside. This year, we did the same (only it wasn't really a surprise since I couldn't find his car anywhere and finally had to call to ask him where he parked, ha).

Surprise or not, we had a lot of fun picking out snacks, balloons, and decorated cards to give Brandon!
Gifts for my guys: Brandon gets the snacks, Jax gets the balloons.
On Friday evening, Jax & I ran over to Krispy Kreme to pick up breakfast, Brandon & I exchanged gifts (he gave me a beautiful mothers necklace and I gave him a nice frame to display his poker chips in), and then Brandon made a midnight run to Walmart to pick up some Children's Benadryl to give to our poor, congested allergy boy. Luckily, Jax was doing better by Saturday morning and we spent the day eating donuts, cleaning out & organizing the garage, attending church, visiting my brother at work, Facetiming with Brandon's dad & step-mom in Tennessee, pigging out on calzones & cheese fries, and laying in bed watching SNL. 
Can we start every Saturday like this?
 
Headed to church with Full & Fun Sized Brandon (Jax and I had to wear red!)

It was truly a perfect day and reminded me that I am so blessed to be living this life with my two guys (and kitty). I can't wait until next Valentine's when Jax is a little bit older and can get into the festivities a bit more..

..actually, I take that back! The time goes by too quickly as it is so I can wait until next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs