Thursday, October 22, 2015

A Perfect Fall Day with Jax & Annie('s)

Disclaimer: I am a member of Influenster and received free products in exchange for this review. All thoughts and opinions are 100% mine. 

Today my baby turns 22-months-old... where, oh where has the time gone?! And why, oh why am I not posting his 22-month update today?! Ugh! I will write it up and post it Monday -- I promise!

Anyway, it is FINALLY starting to feel like fall in Colorado -- in fact, yesterday was the perfect fall day that was complete with cool temperatures, the sound of rain hitting the windows throughout the day, and the smell of fresh baked cookies wafting through our home...

Next week, Jackson will be hosting his first ever Halloween cookie decorating party for some of his friends, so I we decided to do all of our baking on this dreary day. We I had so much fun rolling the dough, cutting, and baking the cookies while Jackson played with/ate his little pile of homemade cookie dough. **I'd be lying if I said I wasn't paranoid about him getting sick, but I figured that eating raw cookie dough is a right of passage in every childhood, so I let him eat a little bit...**

Once we finished baking/packaging/freezing our cookies, it was time for lunch -- and what better lunch on a chilly fall day than a hot bowl of chicken noodle soup? But do you know what's even better than chicken noodle soup? 

In our house, soup lunch = no shirt
I have always been a huge fan of Annie's organic products (I mean, how can you go wrong with a name like that?), but had never tried their soups before -- game. changer. Annie's Organic Star & Chicken Soup is WAY better than any of the condensed soups I've ever had and it even had my picky toddler coming back for more! Aside from the name and amazing flavor, I love Annie's because it is made with only organic chicken and never with any artificial flavors, synthetic colors, preservatives, or MSG. 

Soooo, it's official: Annie's is the new favorite soup of Annie! If you have yet to try them, do yourself a favor and stock up on your next grocery run -- you will not be disappointed. 

After lunch, it was time to venture out into the rain to do a little Halloween party shopping, popcorn eating, and choo-choo playing at a nearby shopping center.
After seeing this at Dollar Tree, I'm ready to scrap the Halloween cookies and bake up some Christmas treats for Thursday! 
Our weekly tradition: popcorn and lemonades at Target.
Choo-choos -- his current favorite! 
I am so glad I get to stay home with Jackson and take him on our fun little "dates" throughout the week -- I am also incredibly excited to finally see fall make its grand entrance! We've been waiting for you, old friend.

Bring on the layers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs