Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Jackson's 22 Month Update

My little doll baby is now 2 months away from becoming a 2-year-old, which is COMPLETELY blowing my mind!!! I know I'm just a bit biased, but I look at him multiple times a day and think that he is just the cutest, sweetest, and funniest little boy I've ever seen. Our days with Jax continue to get better and better, and I can't wait to see what the next month has in store. Here's a quick look at our extremely busy month:


Weight: 23 lbs.

Length: 32 inches (that's a total guess...)

Nicknames: Jax, Cheeks, Tinks, Stinker, Jacksie, Bubs, Buttercup, Stinker

Wearing: 18 & 24 month clothes; Size 3 diapers

Sleep: This has been an EXTREMELY eventful month for us in that Jackson is completely weaned and crib trained!!! It. Is. Amazing. He still has a wonky sleep schedule for a toddler, but he'll normally go down anytime between 9-11 and sleep until 6:30-9:30... he had a difficult time sleeping last week (which I think had a lot to do with Brandon and I leaving for two nights), but seems to be getting back into the swing of things. If you missed it, here's my post on weaning/band-aids/sleep. 

Jax likes: Trains, animals, other kids, swings, slides, repeating things we say, "reading" to mommy, playing in his tent, Play-Doh, going for walks/napping in his stroller, mimicking everything the adults do, pretending to talk on the phone, Grandpa Tony, counting, getting his haircut, wooden puzzles, helping mommy cook

Jax dislikes: Being told no, not getting to play with the Nikon, loud noises, when mommy tries reading to him, when mommy sits in the chair in his room, when things break, time out

Food: Cheese, hummus, fruit, pasta of any kind, fish, peanut butter, sugar (ice cream, cookies, candy, etc.), oatmeal, Belvita, yogurt, crackers, breads, Orange chicken

Teeth: Same old, same old -- he still has the same 12 with no signs of eye-teeth or two-year-molars.

Happenings: First trip to Disney; meeting Cousin James for the first time; "helping" with home renovations; first trip to the pumpkin patch; lots of playing with friends; a lot of park trips/bike riding; 9th (I think?) haircut; and spending two nights at grammy & grandpas when mommy & daddy went to Vegas.

~I CANNOT believe that I haven't blogged about our Disney trip yet -- there has been so much going on and I have so much I want to say about the trip, so I haven't had time to sit down and write it all out. We had the BEST vacation and Jackson was such a little trooper the entire time (despite missing regular nap times and the nearly unbearable humidity). I SWEAR that I will sit down and blog about it this week!

~Jackson's vocabulary has seriously BOOMED this month and we now have quite the little talker on our hands! A few new words are AH-E! (Abby), Owie, 1 2 3, mmmm no, di-E (dizzy), bum (bump), and coo-kee -- he is now starting to repeat more of what we say, which means we need to be extra careful about cursing... Speaking of mimicking things, Jax copies me when I do my lunges by walking, stopping, sticking out his bottom, and then starting over again and it is the cutest thing EVER!!! He also tries to do the "thumbs up," but it comes out looking like gun fingers. 

~This kid has completely mastered puzzles and swinging...

~This little mamma's boy is completely weaned (which I try not to think too much about because I still get overly emotional). That said, he did great for Grammy and Grandpa when Brandon and I took our two-night trip to Vegas. He's growing up waaaaaay too quickly D:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs