Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Restaurant Inspired Italian Nachos (w/Ragu Alfredo Sauce)

Disclaimer: I am a member of Influenster and received free products in exchange for this review. All thoughts and opinions are 100% mine. 

I absolutely love having a son.

I love playing in the dirt...

...catching bugs...

...playing with the "choo-choos" at the library...

...I just love it all!

Growing up, my mom used to take me on lots of little "dates" that I hold near and dear to my heart, which is something I like to do now with Jackson and plan to continue doing with our (God willing) future children.

One of my moms and my regular dates that sticks out in my mind is going to Johnny Carino's and ordering a plate of Italian nachos to share. I have always been somewhat of a nacho connoisseur, but have never found anything quite as good as those soft and warm "chips" covered in chicken, alfredo, and banana peppers.

Fast forward a couple years and I rediscovered my love of Italian nachos during an outing to Old Chicago. They did NOT disappoint and I decided I HAD to learn how to make them.

With the help of Ragu, I was able to recreate this tasty dish with ease -- and, if I do say so myself, they were pretty dang amazing! Here's how to make my Restaurant Inspired Italian Nachos:

Anngredients:
  • 20 wonton wrappers
  • 1 lb. Italian sausage, cooked
  • 1 (10 oz.) jar Ragu Alfredo Sauce
  • 1/2 cup Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Strips, diced
  • 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
  • Bell pepper, tomato, green onion (optional)

  1. Cook wontons according to package instructions. Once prepared, spread evenly along cookie sheet.
  2. Brown the Italian sausage and drain fat. Cook the chicken according to package instructions, cool, and dice into cubes. 
  3. Evenly coat each wonton with 1 tsp. Ragu sauce. Spread with spoon. Add desired amount of sausage, chicken, and toppings to each chip. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
  4. Cook in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes, or until wontons look golden brown and mozzarella has completely melted. 

Italian nachos are a definite favorite in our home (it's the one meal my husband will ask for by name) and I know they will be in yours as well! Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs