Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Jackson's Birthday Week Shenanigans

Are you shocked beyond belief that I'm blogging two days in a row?!

ME TOO!!!

Actually, one of my New Year's resolutions is to blog more... it is truly something that makes me happy/de-stress, so I am figuring out a way to manage my time better so that I can sit down and write. Anyway, enough about me, because today's post is all about Jackson's 2nd birthday shenanigans!

As I mentioned yesterday, we hosted Jax's 2nd birthday party last Saturday at our local rec center -- and I'm pretty sure that we will host every single birthday party there from now on! The price to rent both a party and gymnastics room for an hour each is extremely reasonable, they supplied EVERYTHING (cake, ice cream, juice, plates, napkins, decorations, etc.), and we had a hostess who took over the minute we walked in. It was by far the lowest maintenance party we've ever hosted and waaaaaaaay less stressful than Jax's 1st birthday party.

Anyway, not everyone we invited could make it, but we had a great group -- my parents even came out for the weekend which made it even more special.
A failed attempt at getting a group of toddlers to play musical chairs... only 3 of the girls played in the end!
He wouldn't take his eyes off the hostess as she cut the cake...

After the party, my aunt and uncle came over and we had a pizza party (with my fruit pizza for dessert) and opened presents! 

On Monday, Cassie (our favorite babysitter) came over for a couple hours so I could get ahead on work and then Jax and I made cookies and left over party cake and ice cream in bed with dad... this doesn't necessarily pertain to Jax's actual birthday, but it was fun nonetheless :)

Yesterday (Tuesday) was Jackson's actual birthday and we started the day off on the right foot by meeting his buddies Joshua and Jeremy at a nearby shopping center for cake pops and playtime at B&N. (I'm not sure who has more fun at our get togethers; the boys or the moms!) The rest of the afternoon was pretty laid back and consisted of a long walk/stroller nap, gift wrapping, and resting in anticipation of our big dinner at Dave & Busters! 
My aunt gifted him this "dos" shirt for his birthday, but he wanted nothing to do with my photo shoot! 
The J's: Joshua, Jackson, & Jeremy. 
Nap time in the stroller. 
At around 5:45pm, our good friends Logan and Tracy (Jax's honorary uncle and aunt) met us at our house and we carpooled over to Dave & Busters, where we met Brandon for dinner. The meal itself/the service was a hot mess (long story short, we sat there for literally 2 hours because our server kept messing up orders, forgetting to bring us our check, eventually charging both bills to Tracy's credit card, etc.), but the arcade itself was a blast! Go figure that Jackson's favorite thing to do was to insert the card into the card reader...
We had to wait 30 minutes for this slice of cake, but it was worth it! 
JACKPOT! 
Skee Ball with "Uncle" Logan.
Jax and I ended up leaving D&B's before everyone else because he was having tummy troubles and I didn't have enough diapers :( It was a rough evening of teething/bottom pain, but our guy is sound asleep now and will hopefully feel better tomorrow.

I just love this little boy and can't believe he's ours... Happy 2nd birthday, Jackson Lee!

1 comment:

  1. So fun! I love the picture of Jackson watching the cake get cut :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs