Monday, December 10, 2012

Engaged Encounter Weekend (and a plea!)

Do you ever have one of those moments where the world around you stops for a brief moment and you realize how amazing your life is?

Yeah, I don't get them often either.. but I did on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at our Catholic Engaged Encounter weekend in Wichita. The whole experience was incredible (to say the very least).

I'll admit, Brandon and I were not too thrilled about having to go--with less than a month until the wedding, class finals and work, spending a weekend away was not priority on our agendas. However, as soon as we arrived, we decided to just take a step back, breathe, let God in and enjoy.

And we did.

We had to stop at my crack house so I could get my fix before the weekend started. Mmm Chipotle...
During the conference break on Saturday afternoon, Brandon and I took a long walk around a nearby nature trail. The only place I have ever seen these weird little moldish plants (I guess they are called hedge apples--that's what my mom calls them, anyway) is here in Kansas.
Brandon taking a break on our peaceful walk to reflect (actually, I told him he should go sit down so I could get an Instagram pic.. but we'll pretend he's just pondering..).
We certainly did--and left with a whole new perspective on life and on our relationship.
Very beautiful Our Lady of Fatima statue on our walk.
Being at the retreat made us feel like the only people in the world (the same feeling I had after Brandon proposed--there were thousands of people around us, but it felt like it was just the two of us). We learned so much about each other, our faith, and our God--I will always cherish the memories we made that weekend.

And now, I have a completely unrelated question to ask..

Can anyone recommend a great restaurant, attraction or event in or around Anaheim and L.A.? 

Brandon and I will be soaking up the glorious California rays on our honeymoon next month and we don't know where to go/what to do. So far the plan is to hit up a nearby beach on one of the days, Disney Land on another and at some point, Los Angeles. I have never been to L.A. (but am extremely excited to check it out!) and haven't been to Anaheim since 1997--when I was seven-years-old. Any ideas or suggestions??

Party, Party, I like to Party

3 comments:

  1. What beautiful photos! I am your newest follower and was kinda maybe sorta hopin' that you'd pop by my blog and follow me back!

    xoxo-
    Sarah
    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think those "hedge apples" are osage orange; we have them in the So. Appalachians. It's wonderful you two took time for that retreat; what a great investment in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures are so pretty. I love the hedge apples lining the path. Thanks so much for sharing at Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
    This weeks party is live. Here is the link to the party
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/12/5-fun-posts-and-wednesdays-adorned-from.html
    Debi @ Adorned From Above
    Joye and Myrna @ The Busy Bee’s
    Linda @ With A Blast

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs