Saturday, December 8, 2012

The Displaced Coloradoan's Chipotle Burrito

I'm a displaced Coloradoan.

I was born and raised in Colorado and attended my first few years of college at Colorado State.

However, after some life and future career evaluation, I decided it was time for a new start.

So I moved--to a place that doesn't have a Chipotle at my disposal (side note: if you live near a Chipotle, never take it for granted. I moved two and a half years ago and still go through withdrawals..).

Last night was especially bad. It was time to do something! So I made my version of a chicken Chipotle burrito. I noticed a few similarities (like they both have rice in it.. and black beans) but it still wasn't the same. Oh well.. this will have to suffice until I visit a city and get my fix.

The Displaced Coloradoan's Chipotle Burrito
Anngredients:
  • 1 cup diced chicken breast
  • 2 cups white rice, cooked
  • 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can Rotel (choose your heat--I went with Hot)
  • 10 pieces of aluminum foil (to roll burrito in and bake in oven)
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. In a large skillet, cook chicken with Rotel (including the juice). Once chicken is thoroughly cooked, add rice and black beans.
  3. Simmer on Medium heat for ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
  4. Add two spoonfuls of mixture to tortilla. Roll tortilla and wrap in aluminum foil. 
  5. Set wrapped tortillas in oven for ten minutes. Remove, let cool and enjoy!
    What the mixture will look like.
Oh yum!
I can't roll tortillas to save my life.. but I did look up pointers on Youtube which tremendously helped.
For me, this is good.
  There you have it! Give it a whirl and let me know what you think!

Party, Party, I like to Party

4 comments:

  1. Delish!! I hope this comment goes through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the flavor of Chipotle! This burrito looks great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so comforting! I would love to have a few of those right now

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs