Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Ain't It Great? Brandon's 28!

My honey turned the big 2-8 on Friday and we celebrated all weekend!

On Friday, Jax and I surprised Brandon with donuts (and Krispy Kreme hats) in bed, presents/cards when he came home from work, delicious Papa Johns & PBRs for supper, and decadent Nothing Bundt Cakes for dessert. After all of the birthday surprises had taken place, Brandon and I indulged in our guilty TV pleasure (Catfish) and got somewhat caught up on the latest season.

Brandon, Jax, and I all slept in Saturday morning and (Brandon & I) enjoyed coffee and leftover Krispy Kremes for breakfast. After getting ready (and watching a few more episodes of Catfish), we met my parents & brother at my Aunt Nancy & Uncle Rolf's house, visited for awhile, sneaked away while Jax wasn't paying attention, and had a baby-less lunch at The Melting Pot. After a blissful 2 hour lunch full of rich fondue and wine, we returned to my Aunt's house for some visiting, baby snuggles, and homemade pizza.
Four course fondue is where it's at! We had such a fun time eating, laughing, and talking uninterrupted for 2 whole glorious hours.
 

A guy who Brandon went to high school with was in town doing standup and we'd planned to go to his show on Saturday night.. BUT our sleepy/grumpy baby had different plans so I ended up staying at my aunts while Brandon met up with old friends in LoDo. It would have been nice to have been able to go to the show too and meet some of Brandon's old friends, but I still had a very enjoyable time at my aunts (even with a grouchy baby--we made a Trader Joe's run, took a long walk, and sat around visiting/laughing)! 

Despite the Broncos losing again to the Seahawks, Sunday was a very laid back and enjoyable day! After church, Jax and I took a long nap and woke up to a bunch of yummy football grub prepared by the birthday boy. We ate way more than we should have and just enjoyed the rest of the weekend.

Happy Birthday to the best husband in the whole world! Thank you for always working so hard for our family and for being the perfect daddy to Jax.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs