Friday, October 3, 2014

WE'RE GOING TO BE ON HOUSE HUNTERS!

Remember the other day when I was talking about having writers block and not having anything to write about? God was definitely listening (as always) and just opened several doors for my family and me.

One of those doors?

It's true; we're going to be on House Hunters!!!!

As many of you know, we've been renting since moving to Denver and are sick and tired of not having our own place. We've been casually looking around at houses since early this summer and finally took the plunge in July and applied for a loan. While all of this was going on, my Aunt Nancy made a comment about how we should apply to be on House Hunters so I thought "what the heck?" and filled out an app. Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago and we still hadn't heard back so I reached out to my friend (and House Hunters alumna) Ruthie to see if she had any contacts.

She did!

Ruthie put me in touch with an amazing producer who got back to us immediately, had us film an audition video (that the public will never, ever see.. ha), and then submitted it to the production company and to HGTV. We didn't hear back for a couple of weeks so we figured that was that but then got an email giving us the green light on Wednesday.

AHH!!

We are so excited for this amazing opportunity! As many of you know, my major in college was broadcast journalism so one of the things I'm looking forward to most in this experience is watching the crew at work (nerdy, I know). I have no idea when the episode will air but we will be filming later this month! Eek!! 

Stick around, folks.. I'll definitely keep you all posted on our moving adventures, when our episode airs, etc. Thank you all for your support of our family and this little blog.. good things are definitely happening!

In other Sandmeier family news (from Top Left to Bottom Right): 
Rice+9 month old=BAD idea
Teething baby=sleepy baby
Big, new glasses=Hipster Annie
Baby who pulls himself up on everything now=graying mamma

Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. The filming part is really really fun. Be sure to stay true to yourself and you'll love it! We did it many years ago and have told our story http://www.bobijensen.com/2012/06/house-hunters-rest-of-story.html. You'll have to tell us how things have changed. I'm sure Julia at Hooked on Houses would love to hear more (she has a huge readership!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLE!!!! this is amazing! oh i can't wait! ha ha

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs