Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings

Have I ever mentioned how much I love fall?

Oh, I have?

Every three minutes for the last two months, you say?

Oops.. sorry.

Anyway, I do really, really love fall! I love the colors, cooler temperatures, pumpkin everything.. it's such a happy time!

Another reason I adore fall is all of the hearty and yummy fall foods--this recipe I am about to share with you may just be my favorite! These Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings are the simplest thing ever to make, are extremely filling, and taste mighty delicious! Try it tonight.. you won't be sorry!

Recipe adapted from The Dedicated House.

Anngredients:
  • 1 ½lb of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (about 4 large or 6 small)
  • 1 bag frozen mixed vegetables
  • 3 cans (10.5oz) Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
  • 1 box (32oz) Chicken Broth
  • 2 dashes of garlic powder
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 10 Large Flaky Refrigerator Biscuits
  1. Place chicken in crock pot.  Add cream of chicken soup and chicken broth. Cook on High for 4-6 hours or Low for 6-8 hours.
  2. Cut each uncooked biscuit into 8 small pieces and stir into the chicken mixture.  Continue to cook on High for 30 minutes. Remove chicken from slow-cooker and shred with a fork.  Return to slow-cooker and stir everything together.  Serve hot.
Makes about 6-8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs