Wednesday, April 6, 2016

That Kid! (Volume 3)

Holy cow, life is busy!! I can't believe I haven't written in over a month. I have so, so, so many things to write about and say, but I think it's important to start with goober boy's monthly update (since he turned 2 years, 3 months weeks ago). It has been another crazy busy month full of lots of traveling, long car rides, and learning, so let's get started!

~Jax has always been a pretty big mamma's boy (something I have attributed to the fact that we spend basically every waking moment together), but lately he has been SUPER clingy. I'm not sure if he's going through a phase or what, but it seems like I can't even leave the room for a minute without him freaking out and crying. Oh well... someday he'll be a teenager and I'll be pining for these days when he just wanted to cuddle and nap on me!

~This kid is taurning into a little talking machine! He still doesn't enunciate very well, but we can typically understand what he's trying to say based on his tones. His big words right now are ready (eddy), oh-oh, no, yeah, Dack-ie (Jacksie), Papa, Me (Grammy), eez (please), ank oo (thank you), Anna (Nana), eel (Deal), ball, oot-ball (football), Ee (Mickey), Oof-y (Goofy), dog, two, ee (three), or (four), ive (five), ook-ie (cookie), the entire alphabet, and more.

~In usual toddler fashion, this kid is EXTREMELY picky. Ugh!!! Over the last few weeks he's gotten better, but for awhile there he was only eating veggie noodles, mac and cheese, and peanut butter :/ However, I am happy to report that over the last few weeks, he has decided that he likes both blueberries and any type of bean. I'll chalk that up as a success!

~It is amazing just how much this tiny person gets me fired up all over again about my faith! He just loves going to church (he always listens so intently and likes to point out the priest, Jesus, Mary, etc.) and finding pictures of Jesus around our house/in books/at Grammy and Grandpa's/etc. I can't wait to get him enrolled in Sprouts next year!

~One of Jax's big things now is watching Taylor Swift's "Shake it Off" music video on my phone once a day... I think I played that song for him one time when we were dancing around the house and he managed to pull it up on my Youtube history on his own. He dances along, which is cute, but if I ever see him twerking like a few of the girls in the video, I am deleting the app off my phone.

~I am planning to write a more in-depth post *hopefully* next week, but we visited family in Kansas twice over the last month. While the circumstances were not ideal (Brandon's step-mom's mom -- one of the neatest ladies I've ever known -- was diagnosed with cancer a month ago, so we went to visit  her in early March and then returned last week for her funeral), it was nice to see Brandon's side of the family who we only get to see once or twice a year. Jackson sure enjoyed seeing his Grandparents, cousins, and other relatives!

~We went to the zoo with our good friends earlier last month and had a fun time walking around... I think Jackson is still a little too young to "get it" (he was more into the ducks and geese -- we seriously could have just taken him to the park for that) but he loved sitting in the wagon and eating snacks with his best friend, Dah-wah (Joshua).







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs