Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Jax Has Something To Tell You...

Jackson has some big news he would like to share with you...


That's right! Jackson is going to be a big brother come late October and we couldn't be more excited :D 

It's actually a pretty funny story how Baby #2 came about... Brandon and I always talked about wanting to wait until after our Mexico trip to get pregnant (if it was God's plan), so once we were back and settled in, we decided to consult my chart to find out which days were best for conceiving. Anyway, I thought for sure I was pregnant a few weeks after returning from Mexico -- I was so stinking tired all the time, was having strange dreams, super sensitive to any/every smell, could cry at the drop of a hat, and was just overall miserable. Anyway, you can imagine my surprise when I "discovered" I wasn't pregnant and how down in the dumps I felt thereafter. (Side note: I know how crazy and selfish that sounds, especially when there are women out there who go through this month after month -- I am praying for you strong and amazing women!) 

We were going to try again the following cycle, but after getting sick with the world's worst sinus infection, we decided to just hold off and try again this summer (so that Jax wouldn't have to share his birthday with the new baby -- like that really mattered! *rolls eyes at past Brandon and Annie*). 

You know the Woody Allen saying, "If you want to make God laugh, tell him about your plans"? It couldn't be anymore true. 

The week I found out, I was feeling a little off, but didn't think much of it because my period was a matter of days away... when I noticed (TMI) a little bit of spotting a few days before my period, I still didn't think anything of it -- after all, we weren't trying to conceive anymore and didn't do anything on my most fertile days (since I was sick)! Finally, on February 19th, when I was a day late, I took two pregnancy tests:



To be completely honest, I was shocked. Brandon and Jax were in the living room when I took the first test, so I basically walked out smiling with my hand over my mouth and handed the (capped) stick to Brandon. After a few moments of celebrating, panic/irrational pregnancy hormones set in... Was I betraying Jackson by having another baby? Could I possibly love this new baby half as much as I love Jax? What about our house... was there room for the baby in our small house?! 

Needless to say, it's been an emotional/hormonal roller coaster, but I know that this baby has been in God's plan since the beginning of time and that Brandon and I will love him/her with all our hearts! Jackson is also beginning to grasp the concept of what a baby is and is always wanting to go up to them and talk/wave/smile -- he's going to be the best big brother! 

My friend and I were joking around about how the biggest downside of NFP is finding out almost immediately when you're pregnant and then having to wait forever to see a doctor... I finally got in with our AWESOME new doc on March 22nd and am happy to report that everything looked great with both the baby and me! (I was also shocked by the fact that they gave me an ultrasound at my first appointment -- back in Kansas, I didn't get to see Jax until I was almost 20 weeks!!!) 

Since my appointment was on a Tuesday afternoon at 1pm, Brandon wasn't able to get off work -- but fortunately for Hammy and me, Grammy was already in town and was able to go to the appointment with us and see the baby!!

Thanks for helping watch Jax, Grammy! 
When I first found out I was pregnant with Jackson, I was able to draft a super long, in-depth blog post that I then published when we made it "Facebook official" -- this time around, it has taken me over a week to write this alone! Seasons of life, I tell ya... Anyway, I am planning on posting bumpdates again this time around, beginning this Thursday (12 weeks), so I will "see" you then! 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs