Monday, April 25, 2016

That Kid! (Volume 4)

I'm not sure which is more crazy... the fact that Jackson is 2 years and 4 months or the fact that I'm getting this posted a few days after his birthday! It has been another full and wonderful month here at the Sandmeier home -- Jax is growing like a weed and continues to get smarter and sweeter each passing day. Here's a quick look back at this month:

~As we announced last month, Jackson is going to be a big brother! I've been nervous this entire time about how Jax will do with a new baby, but just over the last month my mind has been put to ease with his sudden interest in "bees" (babies) and by the way his eyes got huge and he started waving to the baby (who looked like he/she was waving) during my ultrasound on Friday. We're getting more and more excited for the arrival of S.B.B. (Super Bowl Baby) -- Jax is going to be the best big brother EVER! *Also, this picture has nothing to do with the new baby, but my aunt took it the other day and his little tummy cracks me up.*

~We celebrated Jackson's THIRD Easter last month and had a wonderful time visiting my parents, going to church, opening baskets/hunting Easter eggs, and eating an incredible meal prepared by my mom! (Pictured is Jackson "patiently" waiting for Easter dinner :P)

~I know it's hard to tell from this healthy Target lunch we're having, but Jackson is FINALLY eating (and enjoying) fruit! Between the two of us, we go through about 3 cases of blueberries, 2 cases of raspberries, and 2 cases of strawberries every week. (We also share a banana every evening after dinner!) 

~This month, we had to say goodbye to one of the neatest ladies I have ever known -- Brandon's step-grandma, Bonnie. We traveled to and stayed in Salina for a few nights and got to see lots of family again, but it was overall a very hard trip. 

~On our last night in Salina (when everyone else was busy), we took Jax bowling for the first time and had an absolute BLAST! Jax is into sports of every kind right now and had a fun time eating cheese sticks and pushing his ball down the lane. *Adorable video below*

~We have had our fair share of both warm and chilly days this month and have been taking advantage of both (indoor days = inventing new games, going to the library, visiting friends -- warm days = bike rides, park days, and playing in the backyard.) Not a day goes by that I don't thank God for allowing me to be this kid's mom and to be able to stay home with him -- I know it's a luxury that not every mom has and I feel very blessed to be able to do so. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs