Friday, January 25, 2013

First Thrifting Trip of 2013!

We celebrated my mamma-in-laws 50th birthday this weekend.. so you know what that means!

Nooo, I mean besides having a wine party..

We went thrifting!

And it was good to be back! 

We weren't sure what we were looking for (which is always a bad decision because then you look through everything and find a bunch of stuff you didn't know you needed) so we perused around Goodwill for close to an hour. Here are some of our great finds:

The perfect Valentine gift for that special someone in your life. I almost got it for Brandon since I enjoy liking him, but I figured the whole "love" liking you thing would come off too strong. We're not far enough into our relationship for that (ba dum ching!).
Seriously, how adorable is this?! Easter is Brandon's and my holiday to host and we have zero decorations. I picked this up for $1.99 and plan to hang it on our door to welcome our guests this year.
Staying on the topic of adorable, look at this little guy. I can tell he was hand painted and needed a good place to live (I picked him up for $1.49). B & I are hopefully getting a bigger place with a porch soon so I'm going to get a pretty plant to set in there and let it thrive in the glorious summer humidity.
Mamma Nancy picked this never used mister for $3.99! She's going to put it in her bedroom and use it for a humidifier.
And then we made the mistake of checking out the clothes.. my biggest downfall. 

I'll post some pictures soon of the adorable tops I got for next to nothing. I recently did the math and realized I spend close to $75 a year on clothes. That's it. That whole braggy spiel will be coming soon!

(P.S. Remember the dresses I got at the Goodwill boutique with ThriftDee--here are a few pics of them)
I don't have a close up of the dress but you get the idea! Our colors were red and black so I was thrilled when I found this baby for $15.
This dress is wayyyy cuter without the sweater but it was a brisk 55 degrees out so being warm won. I snagged this dress for $10.
Party, Party, I like to Party

3 comments:

  1. I really like the Easter item. It's really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the gnome, almost as much as I love your bull cutted kindergarten haircut...but not as much as the ironed-on snow white sweater!! Your post always crack me up :)) and this ones got me in the mood for some thrift shopping, hello pay day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs