Friday, January 4, 2013

I'm Getting Married Tomorrow!!

Well friends, I am pleased to announce that my wedding day is almost here. We will get to see so many of our friends and family members today and tomorrow--the last year of planning is all coming together--it seems so unreal!

The night Brandon and I met, I made a comment to him about how I didn't want to get married until I was at least thirty (we'd literally just met and were talking about everything under the sun when I randomly brought it up). He asked me why and I replied about how I wanted to see the world, enjoy my career and have my own adventures before settling down.

Brandon and I the night we met--you can probably guess from the picture that we met at a college party.
Once Brandon and I started dating, I started to second guess my plans. I found somebody who I wanted to travel the world with. I found somebody who I wanted to share career excitement/triumphs with. Going on my own adventures just didn't sound satisfying anymore. I wanted to share my life with the man I loved.

(I have actually traveled more in the last two years of dating Brandon than I have in my entire life--here are a few of our adventures so far..)
Brandon surprised me with a weekend away to the big city for my 21st birthday (shortly after he'd returned from Afghanistan). March, 2011.
Coming back from visiting Brandon's family in North Dakota--The Mitchell Corn Palace, Mitchell, South Dakota (B with his adorable nephew, Benjamin). This was actually the farthest north I've ever gone--who would have guessed that there is a place where the sun doesn't go down until after 11pm during the summer (besides Alaska.. and basically any place up north.. get with the effin' program, Annie)?! July, 2011.
I took Brandon to my home state of Colorado for his 25th birthday. We visited Red Rocks, toured Denver, strolled around the Botanic Gardens and, of course, had dinner at Casa Bonita. September, 2011.
Disney World--where we got engaged! December, 2011.
Visiting Brandon's folks in Tennessee--we hiked around Smoky Mountain. December, 2011.
Las Vegas! March, 2012.
Brandon's cousins beautiful wedding in Pierre, South Dakota (with Brandon's mom, sister, nephew and niece). June, 2012.

I didn't plan on finding that someone in my early twenties, but I thank God every minute of every day that I did.

Here's to the start of the rest of our lives, Brandon. It's going to be a good life. I can feel it.

1 comment:

  1. Having the ones you love around you is the most rewarding thing! I got married at 20 and had 3 kids by 30 :). Now I'm 34, done having kids and loving having them be old enough to do fun stuff with!

    Best wishes on your wedding and your future!

    Bobi
    http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs