Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Happy Birthday, Mama!

Tomorrow is my moms birthday (I normally don't post on Thursdays, so I'm doing this post today)!

If you know me, you know that my mom is my bff. I just love her. I can talk to her about anything and I know that whenever we get together, we're going to have a blast. Seriously, we could be sitting at home watching TV or playing cards and we're having the time of our lives--and I LOVE that!

To celebrate my mom (and moms everywhere), I'd like to share a few beautiful quotes about that special bond between a mother and daughter.

Girls mountain weekend with our friends Sharon and Turin--2008
“A daughter is a mother's gender partner, her closest ally in the family confederacy, an extension of her self. And mothers are their daughters' role model, their biological and emotional road map, the arbiter of all their relationships." -Victoria Secunda

Dinner and a play with our friends Sharon and Turin (are you noticing a pattern?)--2009
"A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity. It dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stands in its path." -Agatha Christie

Out at dinner for my dads birthday--2010
"My mom is literally a part of me. You can't say that about many people except relatives, and organ donors." -Carrie Latet

Girls trip to Las Vegas for my 21st--2011
"Who fed me from her gentle breast and hushed me in her arms to rest, And on my cheek sweet kisses prest? My Mother." -Anne Taylor

My bachelorette party in Denver--2012
"When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child." -Sophia Loren

My wedding shower with mom and Aunt Nancy (who we will be celebrating with this weekend!)--2012
"A mother's treasure is her daughter." -Anonymous

On my wedding day--2013
"My mom is a never-ending song in my heart of comfort, happiness and being. I may sometimes forget the words but I always remember the tune." -Graycie Harmon

I'm so excited to spend time with my mom and aunt this weekend--I'm looking forward to attending a high tea, spending too much money at H&M, and celebrating such an incredible woman.

Happy Birthday, Mom!

I love you.

Party, Party, I like to Party
Southern Lovely, Seven Alive, The Frugal Girls, The Thriftiness Miss,

4 comments:

  1. So so special! I hope my daughter & I are that close when she grows up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh geez, now I really feel bad about not calling my mom during my lunch break today!!! way to go annie! this post really is beautiful, I love the quotes, each one is so sweet. All the noise around me went silent as I read through...thank you for that! Have the best of times with your mom and aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to your Mama! Love the pictures, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwww what a nice post for your mom! I just did a birthday post for my mom, too...it meant the world to her! Happy Birthday to your mama!
    Cathy @ Lemon Tree Dwelling

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs