Monday, January 21, 2013

So Help Me God, I Am Getting A Gallery Wall.

The title basically sums up this entire post. I have had an unhealthy obsession with gallery walls for the last two years.

I want one. So Badly.

It sounds like B and I might finally be moving out of the tiny, tiny townhouse and into a cute, decently sized duplex! So you know what that means..

I'M GETTING MY GALLERY WALL! Seriously, it isn't even a question.. I'm getting it.

With that being said, I've been looking around Pinterest for a little pinspiration. Here are my favorites so far:

Source
I'm wanting our gallery wall to be in the sitting room so I'm really liking this--I love all of the different colors!

Source
Oh, something else that I've convinced myself that I have to have is a home office (if Brandon gets his man cave, I get my office--that's how this married give and take works, right?). I love the fun, vintage look of this wall. It'd be perfect for a single gals New York loft (or, in my case, a married gals Kansas duplex).

Source
I LOVE this because it is so elegant and bohemian. As I said before, I'm wanting the gallery wall our sitting room so I love the look and layout of this wall (I'll probably have to forgo the pretty wall paper though.. sigh). 

Source
The personalized aspect of this wall is really lovely. Besides pictures, I'm wanting to include different wall decor that is special to B & me including an Annie Oakley wall hanging my Aunt Nancy gave me, a picture puzzle that Brandon's great-grandma put together and framed and a beautiful, crocheted last name sign that my Aunt Millie made us for our wedding.

Source
Finally, I love the quirkiness and charm of this wall. It has a little bit of everything, including that personal touch that I love. 

Do you have a gallery wall in your house? Any tips you can give a novice like me?

If you want to follow me on my quest to design the perfect gallery wall, be sure to follow me on Pinterest!

9 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I do not have a wall like this but my only suggestion would be do not try to make things symmetrical! I found your blog through the Through the Eyes of Mrs. giveaway and I am so glad I did, I love it and I am now following you!

    xx
    Kelly
    Sparkles and Shoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea---and you have some great "pins" already!

    Julie
    www.thechirpingmoms.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annie! I really enjoyed looking at all the great inspiration photos that you have for your "soon to be" gallery wall. Hey two years ago I bought six similar prints and bought six identical frames to put them in. I was going to do a gallery style wall with them but only TWO ever got hung up on the wall! Maybe one day both you and I will both have our gallery walls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe, good luck with your wall - I keep pinning them, but.... fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love gallery walls! Your inspiration pics are excellent, my faves are the second and fourth!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do not and I have a HUGE blank wall that needs some decor. We remodeled 2.5 yrs ago and it's sadly neglected!! These are all great ideas. I'll pin your post for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun to dream about what you want... Hope you get to move and have the space you need/want for this project. Came over from SixSistersstuff. I host a Tuesday Link party if you are interested :o)
    http://www.nap-timecreations.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love gallery walls! I have three in my house! I even have one that has a window pane mirror! If you can score a window pane, GET IT! They are awesome! :)

    Thanks for sharing on Marvelous Mondays!

    Julie @ This Gal Cooks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs