Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Birthday Post: 24 on 24

Today is my birthday!

I am now 24-years-old young!

Since 23 has been such a crazy, wonderful, emotional, and surprising year, I thought it'd be fun to go back and cover a few of the highlights--so in semi-chronological order, I now present to you 24 of my favorite moments from March 26, 2013-Today.

1.) Adopted Bitsy (side note: it was actually one year ago today when we first met Bits!)
2.) Moved into our duplex
3.) Hosted Easter for our families
4.) Won the Kansas Association of Broadcasters Award for News Anchor Performance
5.) Fractured my back
6.) Discovered we were pregnant!
7.) Met & Interviewed Governor Sam Brownback, Love & Theft, and the LoCash Cowboys
8.) Finished college
9.) Brandon's family visits from Tennessee & North Dakota
10.) Interviewed Olympic gold medalists (and even got to wear a gold medal!)
11.) First credit card
12.) Weekend trip to Kansas City for friends wedding
13.) Attended 2 Rockies games
14.) Numerous summer weekend trips
15.) Brandon buys a new car
16.) Began new job at Divine Mercy Radio
17.) Girls trip (with my mom) to Las Vegas/FINALLY saw Jersey Boys
18.) Surprise baby shower (thrown by my sister-in-law), shower with my best friends from high school, and surprise shower by the Catholic Moms
19.) Babymoon/friends' wedding in Wichita
20.) Birth of Jackson Lee
21.) Celebrated our one year wedding anniversary (with sushi and American Hustle)
22.) Brandon receives job offer in Denver
23.) Big family move to Denver
24.) Jax is baptized at my hometown church

I met Brandon when I was 20, we were engaged when I was 21, married at 22, and welcomed our son at 23.. I can't wait to see what 24 has in store (I'm praying it's our first house..)! Anyway, I'll have a birthday/birthday weekend recap on Monday--Brandon and I are going to lunch and a movie on Saturday while Jax's Mimi Carol and Great Aunt Nancy watch him :) I can't wait!

5 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Sounds like you've had a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday sweet friend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girlfriend! I'm looking forward to our phone date tomorrow :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks BB (Blogging Bestie)! 23 was a good year!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs