Thursday, April 24, 2014

Happy 92nd Birthday, Grandpa!

Yesterday was my Grandpa Julius's 92nd birthday!

A bunch of our family got together on Friday evening to celebrate Grandpa's birthday and we all had a wonderful time visiting, laughing, and feasting on delicious food (I had one pound of crab legs, mashed potatoes, green beans, and a roll--amazing!). My dad comes from a family of nine boys so our family get-togethers are always big and fun--we wouldn't have it any other way!

Here are a few pictures my dad snapped at the restaurant:
This picture really captures how happy I was to be eating crab legs (my fave).
The birthday boy (at the head of the table)!
If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you may recognize that cutie on the left--that's my grandpa's older sister, Millie, who still plays poker, drives a red sports car, and walks a couple miles everyday. Love her!

My Grandpa Julius is one of my favorite people in the entire world and I'm so happy that Jax has been able to spend some time with him--I never knew any of my great-grandparents so I love the fact that Jax has not one, but two living great-grandpas (the other being Brandon's Grandpa Emil, who lives up in North Dakota)! 

Here are a few more pictures of my Grandpa Julius:
Grandpa and his boys; Christmas 2012 (my dad is top row, second from the left)
Grandpa and Aunt Millie; Christmas 2012
Grandpa, Joey, and Me; March 2013
January 2012
I'm not sure exactly when this was--I actually Googled my grandpa one time and found this picture of him. He is a contributor to a book about World War II and I believe this was taken at a signing for it.
Joey's graduation; May 2012
90 candles on his 90th birthday; April 2012
90th birthday; April 2012
Grandpa, Aunt Kay, and Aunt Millie; Christmas 2008
Grandma & Grandpa dancing at my cousin Nick's wedding; May 2009
My all-time favorite picture of Grandpa.
Happy Birthday, Grandpa! You are loved by so many and are a role model to all of us--I'm so lucky to not only know you, but to call you grandpa! 
Four generations at Jackson's baptism; March 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs