Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Jackson's 4 Month Update!

It's almost May?! How is that even possible? Wasn't it just Christmas?

I don't like this, I don't like this at all!

This has been such a busy and eventful month for the Sandmeier family and I can't believe how much our little Jax has grown and learned--he is such a happy and outgoing little guy, very smart and set in his ways.

Here's what we've been up to this month:

Weight: 14.9 lbs

Length: 25.5 in.

Nicknames: Jax, Jack, Stinker, Kiddo, Pumpkin/Punkin (both his Mimi Carol & Nana call him that), Bubbas, Jacksie, Jackie

Wearing: 3-6 month & 6 month (depending on the brand). 

Sleep: We still co-sleep at night and he does great and sleeps close to 10 hours (typically 10:30-8:30). He also has a very strict nap schedule (if he doesn't get those naps, he lets us know) and takes little 15-30 minute cat naps at 11am, 6:30pm, & 9pm and then a long nap from around 1:30-3:30 every afternoon.

Jax likes: Lullabies, being rocked, bath time, reading (finally!), being talked to/interacted with, tickles, long walks, watching mommy cook/clean, car rides (finally!), kicking, tummy time, Costco, playing with dad, "talking", FaceTime with Mimi Carol & Papa, music & sounds.

Jax dislikes: Not being able to roll over, dirty diapers, being hungry, his bottle and paci, being in one place for too long, having his fingernails trimmed, eye drops (for pink eye), loud noises, having his picture taken (he's all smiles all the time until I get the camera out--then he pulls a Victoria Beckham and gets really serious).

Mom & Dad's Favorite Things: How content and independent he already is, his laugh (yes, he laughs now!), getting to show him off to friends & family, watching him discover the world around him.

Teeth: Still no teeth.. he's such a slobber baby these days and chews on anything (and everything!) he can get his tiny hands on.. hopefully something will pop up soon! We're all set for them; we have teething tabs, teethers, a washcloth in the fridge, two necklaces for him to chew on (that I wear), his Baltic Amber necklace, etc. 

Happenings: Mommy's 24th birthday; first trip to the Denver Museum of Nature & Science (with mommy, Uncle Joe, Great Aunt Brigette, Gabby & Veronica); spending time with Mimi Carol, Papa Tony, Great Aunt Nancy, Great Uncle Rolf, & Uncle Joey when Mommy & Daddy went out for a birthday date; first mom's club outing; pink eye :/; Great Grandpa Julius' 92nd birthday party; meeting the Easter Bunny; first Easter.

~Jax is a little clone of his dad; he looks just like him and it's one of the first things people say when they see him. However, he does have a little bit of his mamma in him too--he's definitely showing signs of my personality (you've been warned, world)! 
Remember that tiny little baby (on the left) who had to spend 2 nights in the NICU? I sure don't! Mr. Jack has turned into such a little chunk and now weighs a healthy (and average!) 15 pounds.

My baby is an award winning model--seriously. I entered a photo contest at Gordmans (my favorite store) and submitted a picture of Jax being adorable and we won a gift card! Yay!! This is just the beginning of his career.. I can feel it (we will be spending that gift card on clothes for our upcoming vacation).  

Last Tuesday, I noticed that Jax's left eye was really crusty--every time I wiped it off, more gunk would appear. It wasn't getting any better so by late that afternoon, I called his doctor and scheduled an appointment for the next morning. I thought it was a blocked tear duct but it turned out to be a mild case of viral pink eye :( We caught it in time so it never got too bad and went away within a few days but he still seemed so uncomfortable.. poor guy!! 

So. Much. Hair.
Before..
..After
We took Jax to meet the Easter Bunny on Holy Saturday and it went about as well as I expected.. he was good while we stood in line, started getting a little fussy right before we got to the front, and then screamed while the EB held him. Oh well.. there's always next year!

3 comments:

  1. What a freaking stud!!!!!! I think we will have to apply for an arranged marriage :) We co-slept until 6 months & loved every minute! How long do you think you will go? Super random, I just always wonder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, I'm totally down with an arranged marriage--that little Presley is such a sweetie!! I didn't realize you guys co-slept! How did you transition Pres from your bed to her crib? I'm thinking 6 monthsish is what we're thinking (well, what I'm thinking.. my husband has been wanting him in his crib since he was born, ha)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ya, we were living in a 1 bedroom apartment, & then when Presley was 3 months we moved to Chads family house for 3 months & stayed in one room. So it was just always necessary to co-sleep. But I loved it - because we got so much more sleep. At 6 months, when Presley was able to roll over I felt more comfortable doing 'sleep training' so we went from Co-Sleeping to Cry It Out. It was one of the hardest things I've done - but so worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs