Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Easter 2014

Sunday was Jackson's first ever Easter and it couldn't have been better!

I absolutely love Easter--it's such a joyous time of the year and I'm so happy that we were able to share it with such wonderful family and church community! Jax was spoiled rotten by his extended family and by the Easter Bunny which was really fun for us, but I'm looking forward to when he gets a little older and can comprehend the true meaning of Easter season and why it's so special (though I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited to see him Easter morning when he finds his basket--seeing that joy is always fun).

Here's a recap of our Easter weekend!

Thursday
  • Brandon, Jax, and I woke up early to go to the DMV to get our Colorado plates and tags--I figured it'd be a really unpleasant experience and that we'd be waiting forever but we didn't have to wait at all to talk to someone and were in and out within a half hour (when we left, the waiting room was packed)! 
  • Jax and I headed to my parents early in the afternoon so we could go to Holy Thursday mass with my family. 
  • Dinner, visiting, and relaxing before church. 
  • Church. 
  • Greeted Brandon a little after 9pm (he gets off work at 7 and left right after).
  • Bed.
Friday
  • Brandon and I woke up and headed to my hometown DMV to get our driver's licenses (the place we'd gone the previous day only did tags and plates, not licenses) while Mimi Carol babysat Jax.
  • Rested and kicked back.
  • Enjoyed seeing my dad's side of the family at my Grandpa Julius' 92nd birthday party.
  • Back to my parents to watch the end of the Rockies game.
  • Bed. 
Nana (Brandon's mom or "Mamma Nancy") sent Jackson three new shirts for Easter!
Jax and I sat in the car and nursed, played, and Snapchat'd while daddy and Mimi Carol picked up a few things at Walmart.
More on my Grandpa's birthday dinner tomorrow.
Dad is so much fun to play with!
Saturday
  • Slept in, played, and watched cartoons.
  • Met the Easter Bunny (Jax was not amused)! 
  • Had lunch at a benefit for my parent's neighbor (she's a really neat lady who was diagnosed with terminal cancer--the thing I love about small towns is how tight knit everyone is and how the community comes together to help their neighbor and friend. Please pray for Laurie and her family!). 
  • Naps. 
  • Holy Saturday mass.
  • Chinese dinner with my family and Auntie Sharon, Ross, Turin (one of my besties & Jax's godmother), Peter (her fiance), and Reid--can't wait for the big wedding in June!! It'll be our first road trip as a family of three! 
  • Bed. 
All smiles before meeting the Easter Bunny!
The face of pure terror.
My gang before church.
Sunday
  • Woke up early to help my mom with last minute Easter preparations (which included making my famous fruit pizza). 
  • Visited, ate hors d'oeuvres, and drank wine (on my folks' gorgeous patio) with my family, Aunt Nancy, Uncle Rolf, and family friends Jim & Ilsa. 
  • Delicious dinner of steak and chicken kabobs, rice, grilled pineapple & veggies, deviled eggs, and homemade rolls.
  • Fruit pizza, lemon bars, and coffee on the patio. 
  • Long country walk with my mom and Jax (thank you, Ergo!). 
  • Call the Midwife.
  • Bed.
Jack's basket from the Easter Bunny (the three books were from Papa Tony & Mimi Carol--Jax also received three new outfits from his Nana, a radio & stuffed bunny from Papa Bryan & Gramma, a knitted bunny from Great Aunt Nancy, and two cute outfits from Ilsa)--such a blessed boy!
Pretty table with Jax's Easter goodies, chips & salsa, and flowers.
My bunny and me.
Since I haven't blogged about it yet.. I got Jax's Easter outfit at Kohls for $.83 (I had a $10 gift card that came in the mail and then I got an additional 20% for starting a charge card)!
Good food..
..good company..
..and good desserts!
Brandon headed home after the Rockies game on Sunday night and Jax and I left first thing Monday morning (Jax travels much better in the morning). We had such a wonderful weekend and will always remember this beautiful Easter--we are so blessed to have a Father who loves us so much and to have such wonderful family and friends (on both Brandon's and my sides).

I hope all of your Easter's were just as blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs