Friday, April 3, 2015

Give Thanks Friday

Today is Good Friday and I am completely baffled by the fact that the Lenten season has come and gone.. I really, really love this time of the year because everything just seems so calm and peaceful as we reflect upon our Lord and the beautiful gift He gave us all because of His abundant love for us. Every night after Jackson falls asleep, I've been going into his room to pray over him and to thank God for giving me this beautiful life and for giving His only son for us. It's true: we love because He loved us first. 

As I mentioned on Ash Wednesday, I brought back my "Give Thanks" posts as a way of putting things into perspective for me during Lent -- now that Lent is over though, I'm still going to try to continue writing down the things I'm most grateful for either on here or in a journal. I encourage you to do the same. 

1.) Last weekend, we began to landscape our front yard (and even though it's only a patch of dirt right now, it already looks SO much better than it did before with the gigantic, trash filled hedge). I'm so thankful to have a husband who works so hard on these projects and takes such pride in our home.
I kid you not; I filled two full size trash bags with cups, papers, etc., that littered this gigantic, ugly hedge.
2.) Brandon took me to a couple's cooking class at Sur La Table for my birthday and we had such a fun time cooking, shopping around the store, and feasting on our 3 course Parisian meal -- I'm so glad that Brandon thought to do that for my birthday date!

3.) We had some wonderful (and unfortunately not so wonderful) weather days last week and enjoyed many park outings/stroller pushing excursions. We're so blessed to have nice neighbors two doors down who we can meet at the park to play with! 

4.) I'm so thankful for my little sidekick who is always by my side ready to help with anything :) This week is was helping me read books, clean, and decorate our homemade Easter cookies (which I hope to turn into our annual tradition)! 

5.) Above all, I'm thankful to have a Father who loves us all so much that he died so that we can have life everlasting. I don't think I ever really thought about and appreciated this until I got married and became a mother -- how lucky are we?! Thank you God for loving us all unconditionally and giving us such a beautiful gift.

I hope you all have a wonderful Easter weekend with your families -- don't forget to count your blessings and give thanks for all of the beauty in our lives. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs