Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Monday (or "The Comedy of Errors")

Yesterday was definitely a Monday.. did you feel that way too? 

I'm not sure if it was just an off day because we had such a fun and enjoyable Easter weekend (more on that hopefully tomorrow) but it just seemed like nothing was going right..

Here are a few examples:
  1. I had a doctors appointment at 10am in Westminster (which is about a 30 minute drive) and had to get Jax and me up and moving by 8:30 to ensure we were dressed, fed, and out the door by 9:15. We miraculously made it early but the doctor was running late--so my squirmy toddler and I were trapped in an 8x8 room for a half hour. 
  2. After my appointment, I took Jackson over to the park by our old apartment to play for a bit and then I carried him over to Barnes & Noble (about a 1/2 mile walk).. in my boots.. and came home to a gnarly blister on the bottom of my foot. 
  3. Had to stand through the entire story time to ensure that my son didn't yank the book from the storytellers hand (believe me, he tried.. multiple times) or steal crayons/toys from the other toddlers. 
  4. The classic "Jax, please stand nice and don't touch anything while mommy goes potty!" in the bathroom stall at Barnes & Noble (of course he touched everything and crawled around on the gross bathroom floor..). #momfail
  5. Not sitting nice in the cart at Costco.
  6. Falling in the cart (and crying) because he wasn't holding on and mommy wasn't paying attention. #momfailpartdos
  7. Accidentally giving my 15-month-old his first taste of pop (here's what happened: the pharmacy was taking forever to fill my prescription so I figured Jax and I would go to the food court and share a hot dog while we waited.. anyway, I got my usual Diet Pepsi and let Jax -- who at that point hadn't grasped the concept of drinking out of a straw -- chew on the straw. The next thing I know, he is chugging my Pepsi.. and wanting more.. I threw the cup away shortly after).
  8. The pharmacy messing up my prescription yet again (the doctor told me she sent in a 90 day supply and they only gave me 30.. happens every. single. time). 
  9. Arrived home to find that the cat jumped up on the counter & managed to opened a tupperware container of corn bread (half a piece was missing), cleaned up the cornbread crumbs, put away the groceries, broke open the cat's new bag of food (there is now cat food all over the floor of our garage), and fed the cat. 
  10. Cleaned up cat's cornbread vomit. 
  11. Picked up shrub branches from the backyard while Jackson and Bella played.
  12. Let cat back in the house. 
  13. Brought Jax inside 15 minutes later to find that the cat threw up grass all over one of Jackson's new Easter books. 
  14. Cleaned and did dishes. 
  15. Laid in bed with Jax and watched obscure PBS programming.
  16. Took a blissful and well deserved nap with my cuddle bug. 
Major first world problems, I know.. I just had to vent and write it out so thank you for listening/reading (though I'm sure most of you stopped reading at around #4.. I know I would have!). Here's to what is hopefully an uneventfully peaceful rest of the week! 
I just realized I didn't take any pictures yesterday so here is Jax with his new stuffed bear from Great Grandpa & Grandma Sandmeier. 

1 comment:

  1. Goodness sakes! I'm glad you got a nap after all of that!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs