Thursday, April 16, 2015

Thrifty Thursday

I'm going through major "thrifting for baby shower decor" withdrawals..

As I've previously mentioned, I had the honor of co-hosting my best friend's baby shower last month and had the BEST time thrifting for baby shower decorations that could double as nursery decor.

The nursery/shower theme?

Vintage Winnie-the-Pooh.

#love

Between weekend thrifting outings with the guys and scouring eBay, we made out pretty well! Wanna see what I found?

The frame on this Pooh painting was really beat up so we actually ended up thrifting a different frame, sanded, and repainted it (well, I shouldn't say we.. Brandon did all that). The grass/flower sticker on the pull toy was in pretty rough shape too so I ended up soaking it, peeling off the rest, and then repainting it.
The book in the upper right corner was used as the guest book.
Okay, I could have swore that I'd taken a picture of all the stuffed animals I found but can't find it anywhere.. Anyway, I was able to buy them all from a guy on eBay for a flat price (and free shipping!) -- I had two Poohs, two Tiggers, a Piglet, and Eeyore! 
And last but certainly not least..
Much, much more on this next Thrifty Thursday -- it looks nothing like it did when I originally thrifted it! 
Brandon, Jax, and I strolled around Mile High Flea Market last weekend and I came across an entire bag full of Winnie-the-Pooh goodies that I was ready to snag.. until I remembered that the shower is over.. *sigh* 

I guess what I'm trying to say is: Do you have a baby shower you need help planning/decorating? Hit me up. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow!

    Very nice Post! Thanks!

    And you have very nice Pics!!!!

    I follow U , maybe U follow me back? ;o)

    Have a nice Day!

    xoxo Jacqueline
    www.hokis1981.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs