Thursday, April 30, 2015

Thrifty Thursday

A few Thrifty Thursdays ago, I spoke about the awesome DIY project my husband and I (well, mostly just my husband) worked on for my best friend's baby shower gift. The theme of the shower and little Oliver's nursery is vintage Winnie the Pooh so I was trying to think of something Pooh-related to gift Jen.

That's when I saw it..

My mom and I were thrifting around my hometown one stormy Saturday afternoon when I stumbled across a Winnie the Pooh coat rack -- I couldn't believe it! It was pretty beat up but I knew with a little elbow grease and a lot of love, I could have it fixed up in time for Jen's baby shower. 

Once my husband caught wind of what I was doing, he swooped in to help with hijack the project (actually, I'm very, very thankful that he took over -- he's a perfectionist and makes everything he touches perfect -- me on the other hand? Not so much.,.). 

Here's what it looked like before:

As you can see, it was in pretty bad shape and housed some showcased some wonky mirrors and a random pink bow. So Brandon got to work! 

Brandon worked hard on sanding, painting, detailing, and stenciling Oliver's new coat rack and it really couldn't have looked better!

Wanna see? 


Isn't that cool? Brandon resanded the whole thing, completely redid all of the paint (including on Pooh himself), and stenciled in the letters. I just love the way it turned out and am so grateful to have such a handy husband who is willing to help me with my projects! 

What cool things have you thrifted/redone lately?? I'd love to see!

Aunt Annie can't wait to meet you, Baby Brossart! 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs