Tuesday, September 25, 2012

My Top 8 Celebrity Girl Crushes

Admit it, we all have them: Girl crushes. In case you've never heard the term, let us Urban Dictionary the definition: When a girl has a crush on another girl, but they don't want to date them. It's more like they want to be their best friend. Bingo!  

So, without further ado, here is my Top 8 Celebrity Girl Crush/Women I Admire/People I Wish I Could be BFFs With! list.

8.) Sandra Bullock
I have loved Sandra Bullock since she starred in “While You Were Sleeping” way back in ’95. She is a dynamic actress who can play a fun, energetic role like Grace Hart in “Miss Congeniality” or a dynamic and gripping character like Linda Schell in “Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close.” But the real reason she made my girl crush list? She is one of the nicest, most genuine actresses in Hollywood. I have read on several occasions how giving and down-to-earth she is–most Hollywood actresses could (and should) take a lesson from Sandra.

7.) Toni Collette
I don’t know what it is about Toni Collette, but I think she is absolutely fabulous. She is one of those actresses who doesn’t get as much credit in Hollywood as she deserves (Hey, Academy–remember “Little Miss Sunshine”? Yeah, you screwed the pooch by not giving her a nod). Collette brings extra heart and likeability to any character she plays which is why she comes in at #7 on my girl crush list.

6.) Meryl Streep
Umm, duh. She’s Meryl freaking Streep. Enough said.

5.) Adele Arakawa
I have been watching Adele Arakawa on the news for as long as I can remember. She is epitome of professionalism and is an amazing role model for women in broadcast. When I was in high school, I had the opportunity to meet Ms. Arakawa; she was very kind and humble, which made me admire and respect her even more.

4.) Kristen Wiig
She is hilarious. She is talented. She is fearless. How can anyone not love Kristen Wiig?

3.) Natalie Portman
You have to admit that Natalie Portman is pretty amazing–any actress that can play an obsessed, psychotic, bi-sexual ballerina so believably is alright in my book. Not to mention she is gorgeous, stylish and a Harvard grad.

2.) Sheryl Crow
I have been girl crushing on Sheryl Crow, since my dad gave me one of her CDs when I was 13. I loved her music from the get go (so much so that over the years I’ve bought all of her albums) but began to admire her when I saw the kind of person she is. Ms. Crow is not afraid to stand up for what she believes in, which I think is refreshing and admirable (the 'one square of toilet paper' comments she made a few years back were a little questionable.. but hey, she didn’t care what anyone had to say–she was going to spread her message!). I have also heard that she is extremely down-to-earth and generous.

1.) Kate Winslet
There is no actress quite like Kate Winslet. She is incredible–she can seriously play any role you throw at her. I also think she is the most beautiful actress in Hollywood. Plus, she’s freaking hilarious (if you’ve never seen her on “Extras”, watch this now)–and smart. All that being said, she is most definitely #1 on my list of girl crushes.

So, girl crushes. Do you have them? Agree or disagree with my list? Let me know!

19 comments:

  1. Super fun read! Love it! I totally agree with your number one. Kate is fantastic, handles her roles so completely convincingly. Thanks for linking at Printabelle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't she the greatest!? Thanks so much for the comment and for hosting!

      Delete
  2. I really like Sandra Bullock as well. I'm a pretty big fan of Julia Roberts too. But I don't know if either of them are girl crush status.;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia Roberts is a good one! That's okay if you're not girl crushing yet.. it might happen sooner or later :) thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Totally have girl crushes! And Urban Dictionary has the definition down perfectly!

    Girl crush that I'm slightly embarrassed to admit? Selena Gomez. There, I said it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong with Selena! Somebody I intentionally left off my list was Katy Perry.. I have a hard time admitting that one.. thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. Sandra, Meryl and Kristen are all favorites. I think I would add Heidi Klum, Julia Roberts and Miranda Lambert to my list! Perfect definition from Urban Dictionary! Fun post~Angie
    p.s. I am hosting a Bloomingdales gift card giveaway if you are interested!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your list and totally agree about Miranda--she is awesome! Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. I would agree on Meryl Streep & Kate Winslet but another that I have always had a crush on is Jessica Lange. Another great actress & beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so agreeing with everyone on this list! I also have huge girl crushes on Gwen Stefani and Katherine Hepburn! Oh, and Audrey Hepburn too! Stopping by from Shine on Fridays :)

    Jessica
    http://jessica-healthymommyhealthybaby.blogspot.com/2012/09/sweet-saturday-22-sweet-room-decor-idea.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. exactly! ooh, kate winslet, yes, i bet that'd be fun. mine are claire danes and winonda ryder. and drew barrymore. and tina fey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post! LMAO! I have an entire Pinterest board dedicated to this. :-) Love Streep - how can one not? Meg Ryan (before the whole lip thing), Julie Andrews, Amanda Peet, Audrey, Princess Kate, Gwyneth Paltrow, Keira Knightley and Diane Keaton. And all the women from Downton. Oh and yes Kate Winslet, Emma Thompson, and Jennifer Ehle. And Steffi Graf. Ok this is nuts...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun post! And many of yours are on my list. I'm also crushing on Jennifer Garner- down to earth funny and adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! I would love to have you stop by 'Or so she says...' to share your great ideas at the link party, going on right now (and every weekend.) I hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lots of great ladies on that list ;)

    New follower from Six Sisters. Love for you to stop by and return the follow when you can ;) I am hosting Moms Monday Mingle tomorrow. Love for you to stop by and link up.
    Julie @ Naptime Review
    www.thenaptimereview.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol, yes! I love Sandra Bullock and Meryl Streep! Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  13. girl crushing is appreciating a beautiful girl (i prefer girl to any man ish related word) no I;m NOT gay, it's not totally sexual, sensual yes, I a born girl LOVE to look at other beautiful girls, a turn on, sure, then I take it to my man.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Chelsea handler! And then she interviews real life friends of hers and I'm finding I am really in tune with all of these amazing women--like Charlize Theron and Mary McDonnell and Kate beckinsale!!
    Http://www.shilohstaste.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. yes to one and four - but I would add Madonna for sure

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs