Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Fake or Real Quiz: Wedding Bouquet Edition

Can you tell which flowers are real and which are silk?
















Now, without further ado, here are the answers:
A: Silk
B: Real
A: Real
B: Silk
A: Real
B: Silk
A: Silk
B: Real
A: Silk
B: Real

Hard to tell, huh?

That’s one of the reasons I decided to go with silk and wax flowers–you can hardly tell the difference!
Plus, fake flowers cost a fraction of what real flowers cost.

Brandon and I checked out Hobby Lobby this summer (they were having a half off sale on their silk and wax flowers) and got all of the flowers for my bouquet PLUS the flowers for my six bridesmaids bouquets for only $70. Yep, you read that right: $70. We are even going to get our boutineers and corsages from Hobby Lobby. They really do have a gorgeous selection and the flowers look real.

I was talking with a friend who had an absolutely stunning wedding last year. We were discussing prices on flowers and what not and she told me that the florist they went through charged over $600 (and they got a good deal!) for the bouquets, boutineers and corsages alone.

Brandon and I anticipate spending close to $150 on the bouquets, boutineers and corsages by using silk flowers.

If you are planning a wedding on a budget, check out your nearest craft store and see what you think of silk flowers. I can guarantee you won’t be disappointed.

So, how'd you do on the quiz? Did you use silk flowers at your wedding?

14 comments:

  1. Wow, it is amazing how real the silk flowers are. They are all so beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. I am so thrilled to have you. Your newest follower, too!

    Have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My MIL made my boquet, and I LOVE that i can still have it, because the flowers aren't real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When my sister was getting married her mother in law was suppose to get her bouquet, she walked in with a single stem rose from walmart, hot glue "dew drops" and all. She was mortified! Luckily there was a silk flower place just down the road so I ran down there and they were able to make her a bouquet fast and I got to surprise her right before she walked down the isle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE how you compared both! I used silk for my wedding :)

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought the real were fake and fake were real....lol
    The silk flowers these days are so real looking. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really hard to tell, I was sure that the last A was real! I also always tend to feel sad to lose the flowers when they die, and it would be so wonderful to have them permanently!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's amazing that some of those bouquets were silk flowers. I'm currently helping my sister-in-law to plan her wedding, and I'm going to suggest she go with fake!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun post! Some of those were impossible to tell the difference. You've made a good argument for using artificial flowers for weddings/special events. Thanks for sharing at Gettin' Krafty this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a great post. It was very hard to tell the difference!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I was thinking of doing my own via one of the online flower places or getting one of the 'costco sets' but those silk bouquets are beautiful too . I think it would be fun to make it into a decor piece in a pretty vase for the house after the wedding too, a great subtle reminder =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't use silk flowers at my wedding because I picked out just a few flowers that I absolutely love the smell of. Because there were only a few the flowers didn't end up being too expensive. But I've been to two weddings recently where they used fake flowers and they were just gorgeous! I think whichever way you want to go, the flowers will be fabulous! Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was fun! Thanks for linking up at DIY Thrifty Thursday on www.thrifty101.blogspot.com, you've been featured! Drop by and grab an "I was featured" button. Hope to see you again this week!

    Michelle @ Thrifty 101

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this page so much but supposedly I'm looking for the post of bridal bouquets LA, so better to keep on posting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI there!!! This is fantastic!! LOVE it. Your blog is great too. I am your newest follower. HAPPY HOLIDAYS! You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    xoxoxo Hanna

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs