Monday, September 17, 2012

Chicken Fingers with a Sweet Surprise!

Not to toot my own horn, but...

...I really did it this time.

I was debating what to make for dinner the other night. I'm always down for something chicken (if you know me,  you know that's a given..), but wanted to try something new. So, I figured chicken fingers would be an easy and delicious Friday supper.

Good call, Annie. Good call.

I always have Italian breadcrumbs on hand and figured I'd just use those for the breading but decided to throw in something else. So, I sifted through my spice rack and found the usual Cayenne Pepper, Chili Powder, pepper flakes, etc. that I typically put in EVERYTHING I look.. but then I discovered a spice that I hadn't even opened yet.

What is this neglected spice you may ask?

Cinnamon. 

Trust me, this recipe is money. And, the chicken is baked--so it isn't bad for you! This is a classic recipe with an unexpected surprise that I promise your family will love!

Anngredients:
  • Two chicken breasts, cut into strips (you should be able to get about 6 strips out of each breast)
  • 1 cup Italian breadcrums
  • 1/3 cup ground cinnamon
  • 2 eggs, beaten
  1. Pour eggs into small bowl. In separate bowl, mix breadcrumbs and cinnamon. Dip each chicken strip into beaten eggs, then in breadcrumbs (coating evenly).
  2. Place breaded chicken strips on tray and cook in 375 degree oven for 15 minutes (BE SURE TO FLIP THEM ON OTHER SIDE AFTER 7 MINUTES! This ensures they will cook evenly on each side).
  3. Let cool and serve with your favorite dipping sauce. 

5 comments:

  1. I might just have to give this a go. The cinnamon has me intrigued. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from Krafty Kat. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/09/make-it-pretty-monday-week-15.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these look good! And I bet the cinnamon in them gives it an awesome flavor! New follower to your blog! I would love for you to visit me and join my site as well!

    riversrecipereview.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting idea with the cinnamon! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds delicious! I never think of using cinnamon... only for desserts.

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, this is a new one! I would have never thought to add cinnamon to chicken but I love it on so many other things, so why not? Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Gettin' Krafty last week! Can't wait to see what you've got this week!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs