Saturday, September 8, 2012

Annie's Top 10 Must Have Engagement Photos!

For Christmas, Brandon gave me a wedding planning book. As much as I hate to admit it, I never got through the whole thing (it was called “The Busy Brides Bible for Planning a Fabulous Wedding Without the Expensive Cost of a Wedding Planner” by Angela Kear) because the author kept talking to me like I was an idiot. The basic gist of it was something like this: “Every busy bride should book her DJ 6 months in advance. A DJ is a person who comes in with music and plays during the reception for your guests. BUSY BRIDE STOP!! Have you booked your DJ? You need to book your DJ” (okay, so maybe I’m exaggerating a little bit.. but that’s how it seemed while reading it!).

Annieway, before I quit reading the book, I found a list of all the pictures your photographer needs to take during the ceremony and reception. However, she didn’t mention anything about must have engagement pictures/poses.

So, without further ado, I present to you Annie’s Top 10 Must Have Engagement Photos and Poses!

1.) An artsy/beautiful ring shot.


2.) An “Oh how cute, they match!” shot.


3.) A good kissing shot.


4.) Outfits or props that portray your interests or hobbies.


5.) A fun background (I don’t know why, but I have always loved pictures with graffiti in the background–I think it gives pictures a more urban and colorful feel).


6.) Pictures that display showcases each of  your smiles/personalities.

 

7.) A further away shot.

8.) Happily gazing into each others eyes.

9.) All dressed up.

And finally…

10.) The standard engagement announcement ‘one person sitting behind the other person’ pose (I actually requested we do this pose so my parents could put it in our hometown paper.. no joke).
 

I would also like to give our wonderful photographer, Ms. Erika Victor, a huge thank you/shout-out for her hard work and patience with us! For more of Erika’s work, be sure to check out her Facebook or Flickr page!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs