Saturday, September 29, 2012

Crockpot Breakfast Burritos

Okay, not to sound too full of myself (okay, maybe a little) but.. I have created the easiest, most delicious breakfast burritos you will ever try. And the best part? You can throw all of the ingredients in a crock pot the night before and, voila, breakfast is ready when you wake up (minus the assembly)!

I can guarantee you that this is waayyyyy better than my last crock pot mishap

This recipe is perfect for overnight guests, holidays or for your Sunday morning breakfast!

Anngredients:
  • 1 pound ground sausage
  • 10 medium tortillas
  • 1 can Rotel (including juice)–I used hot for a little extra kick, but you can choose your temp.
  • 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
  • 1 TBSP. jalapeno juice
  • 1/4 cup jalapenos (optional)
  • 4 eggs
  • 4 TBSP. milk (for eggs)
  1. Spray non-stick cooking spray on crockpot.
  2. Add sausage to bottom of crockpot. Add Rotel, black beans, jalapeno juice and jalapenos over top.
  3. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
  4. Scramble 4 eggs and milk (4 is how many I used–you may use more or less depending on how much you add to the burritos.
  5. Heat each tortilla in microwave for 20 seconds (to soften and make easier to roll). Add spoonful of sausage mixture to tortilla with slotted spoon (there will be leftover juice from the Rotel –the slotted spoon helps strain it). Add spoonful of egg to tortilla and roll.
This is a versatile recipe, so you can easily add and substitute ingredients. I rolled all my burritos in aluminum foil (Chipotle style) and stuck them in the fridge for later. Enjoy!

 

15 comments:

  1. It does not get better than delicious breakfast burrito's ready when you get up! Thank you so much for sharing on Super Sweet Sunday!
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks so yummy! I love using my crock pot, and can't wait to try this. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. I am so happy to have you share. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! This looks so tasty! Would love for you to share it at my linky party - stringtownhome.blogspot.com. Excited about following your site, now... hope you can link up/follow stringtown home, soon!

    ((hugs))
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH, this looks delish. I love your blog! I found you on DIY dreamer. Your Apple Pecan Pie bars look so yummy too. I love your story of your proposal at Disney (glad you're feeling better ;)! Following along on GFC so I can see how your wedding plans continue along with all your other inspiration. Stop by and visit sometime when you have time! Have a great day!

    Marilyn
    4you-withlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want some!!!! I'll be over in the morning to eat one! :)

    Thanks so much for sharing this at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! I'm your link party 'neighbor' at A Bowl Full of Lemons. (My link is right next to yours!) Lucky for me, because this recipe looks like a keeper!

    Thanks for sharing!
    -Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm! I would love to wake up to this! Thanks for linking at Printabelle.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Our crock pot broke last week and we JUST bought a new one and this looks amazing! Thank you for linking up at Whimsy Wednesdays with The NY Melrose Family and Smart! School {House}

    Kelly at Smart! School {House}
    www.smartschoolhouse.com
    www.thenymelrosefamily.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll bet my husband would love this! I'm so trying it



    www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum, looks fabulous! Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds great! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Annie,
    What a great recipe to have on hand for the weekend crowd, this is awesome. Enjoy your weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds yummy! We love breakfast burritos around here. Thanks for sharing these at Gettin' Krafty With It this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks easy and yummy!
    Thanks for linking up to the Autumn Inspiration Party!
    Stacey of Embracing Change

    ReplyDelete
  15. Its been wow reading your article. I would like to jump on this site again.This information is excellent, as share good stuff with good concept
    Corporate Bars

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs