Sunday, September 23, 2012

My Two Person Emmy Party!

I don't know what it is about television and movie award shows, but I have loved them since I was in utero (okay, maybe that's a little bit of an exaggeration.. but I've been watching for as long as I can remember).

I have always been fascinated by all the glitz, glamour and pettiness that is Hollywood. I'm not really sure what got me interested in the first place, but I can still remember reading the "Lordy, Lordy, Look Whose 40" issue of US Weekly (featuring Tom Cruise) 10 years ago--when I was 12-years-old. So, maybe it was all the tabloids I read as an easily influenced tweenager?

Oh, and a side note: I have correctly predicted the Oscar's best actress winner since 2001, when Julia Roberts won for "Erin Brockovich." Just sayin'.

Annnnnnddddd... back to the Emmy's..

Since high school, I've made my family (and now my loving fiance) fill out ballots for prizes. The prizes used to always be something different: candy, a random novelty item, or a heart shaped frame housing a picture of Danny Glover (classic..).

Before this years Oscars, I decided to finally get an official award that could be used for years to come. And where did I go to get this award? Goodwill. And you will see what this said award is shortly.

And now, pictures from my two person Emmy party!

The completed ballots.

Pizza and wings for dinner (which was Brandon's favorite part..)

Reeses Cup Cookies (store bought--I was too lazy to make anything today)

And the winner is.....

ME (it really is me, but it was a terrible, terrible picture.. so I cut my face out)! The award ($3.99 at Goodwill) and title are still mine!

This little guy can now go back to sitting in his normal spot on my bookshelf until the Golden Globes in January!


Now you've seen how college students/a couple trying to pay for a wedding celebrate the Emmy Awards! Did you get to watch? What did you think?

3 comments:

  1. first, i have to wash my eyes out after seeing that scary thing, and second, i love awards shows. your two person party sounds super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun and hilarious! We watched it for the first time in years. Thanks for sharing your enthusiasm and fun ideas with us at Gettin' Krafty!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs