Thursday, October 25, 2012

Give Thanks Friday #1

God has truly blessed me with an amazing life. I have a wonderful family, incredible friends, a job I love, and I get to marry the man of my dreams in two months. What more could a girl want?

But I've noticed that in my day-to-day life, I look more at the negatives instead of all the good. I'm on a mission to change that.

Each Friday, I will be posting a "Give Thanks Friday" post that highlights 5 of my week--whether it be accomplishing something, being thankful for something, or just sharing something new I learned. I used to do this sort of thing in my journal and I encourage all of you to do the same whether it be on your blog, in your journal, or in your daily prayers. It really puts things into perspective and is fun to look back on.

Thankin' Time!

5.)
Brandon and I have a bad habit of deciding to make something for dinner that we don't have and then running to the store to get what we need. This is impractical and expensive. I was about to do this today when I realized how much food we already have.. so I made my first ever panty meal and it was gooood! I made shrimp penne with a garlic butter sauce and green beans. Yum!!

4.)  
Late October begins my favorite part of the year. No, it's not because of Halloween, but because Christmas is just around the corner! I LOVE Christmas and will probably soon write a post about why I love it so much and how my family celebrates.. but I won't go into that now because you're probably wondering what Ol' Blue Eyes is doing on my list. I start listening to Christmas music in September and my Jango (which is waaayyyy better than Pandora) station is locked on the Swingin' Christmas channel. If you love Christmas and the standards (Frankie, Dean Martin, Nat King Cole, etc.) you'll love this station. You're welcome.

3.)
I got to spend time with my dear friend Abby on Friday! This never happens because of our complete opposite schedules! Abby's husband celebrated his birthday this week so a group of us went out for dinner and drinks. 
Side note: This is the girl who introduced Brandon and I--so yeah, she's kind of the best. 

2.)
Brandon and I are heading back to CO this weekend to visit my family! I'm so excited because my brother will also be home from college so I'll get to see him too. Annnddd we're going shopping on Saturday so it'll be a pretty fun for all!

1.)

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea! Looking at the bad is easy, way to change the focus. May I ask what your first dance song is? I understand if it is a secret! Best wishes! Thanks for linking up on Super Sweet Saturday.
    Steph
    swtboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you very much, Annie for following Carole's Chatter. Have a fabulous week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I am your newest follower and was hoping that you would stop by and follow me back!!

    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    Thanks,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a ton of fun things going on in your busy life! And we LOVE Christmas music starting in August too! Best of luck with the wedding plans!! It will be here before you know it! Thanks for linking up to our Strut Your Stuff Saturday! -The Six Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how fun!! I just started my month of gratitude for Thanksgiving month, but love this idea. I use to do it in my journal as well. Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I'd love for you to come share you TGIF ideas at the link party starting tomorrow on ‘Or so she says.' Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs