Sunday, October 7, 2012

I Used to Love Fall..

..and then Saturday happened.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. Let's start from the beginning.

Friday was Oktoberfest.

Annie, what's Oktoberfest?

I'm glad you asked. Oktoberfest is pretty self explanatory--it's a German Heritage festival that consists of polka music, bierocks, and beer. Lots and lots and lots.. and lots of beer. The town that I live in takes this day VERY seriously, so much so that the president of our university taps the first keg. At 11am. On a weekday.

This year the station I work for (in case you didn't know, I'm an aspiring broadcaster--you can see some of my work here and here) once again sponsored an Oktoberfest booth where we sold shirts and wrist bands. I worked from 2-4 and boy was it cold. I really shouldn't be complaining--several of my friends/co-workers worked the entire day and endured rain, slush, and even a bit of snow, but still.. it. was. cold.

Here are a couple pictures from my Oktoberfest adventure:
We sold out in three hours!


Mr. President was there! He was a lot more rude and drunk than I always imagined him being..
My stupidity got the best of me--I wore a jacket and a scarf in 38 degree weather. Lesson learned. 
Okay, so back to the story about why I no longer love fall.

I was still freezing when I got home and took a half hour long shower with only hot water and finally warmed up. So I was happy again!

And then it was Saturday..

Saturday was the big homecoming parade and a few of us were planning a float to promote the station. When I woke up, the sky way grey and overcast--it looked cold. Ooohh, I learned my lesson the previous day. I was going to dress more appropriately this time and wear a sweater (which I found out has a huge hole in the neck..), jeans, boots, mittens, AND a red pea coat.

Bring it on, fall!

Annnnndddddd... it did just that. I'll go ahead and tell the rest of the story with pictures.

12:30--half hour til the parade!
1:00--time for the parade to start!
1:30--temperatures drop to 34 degrees and it begins to rain.
1:35--we have to be close to the end, right?
1:45--no, no we're not..
2:00--No caption needed for this one.

The parade FINALLY ended and we rode back to the station on the trailer bed, going 35 miles per hour. When I got home, I stood in the shower for a half hour but couldn't get warmed up. I put on some warm sweats and laid down to take a nap, still cold, and woke up even more cold. I finally felt better around the end of Saturday Night Live so then the world was okay again..

..until I woke up this morning with a scratchy throat, temperature, and stuffy nose.

Fall: 1
Annie: 0

9 comments:

  1. Oh, Annie!

    You poor poor gal!

    Oh those pictures say it perfectly. Just look at that last pic. I got cold and shivery just reading this!

    Hang in there, and GET WELL SOON!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, if that's Fall, I guess we're not missing anything down here where I live. Glad you survived the event. It sounds brutal. Hope you feel better soon!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too funny. Sorry you were so cold. We haven't gotten that kind of cold yet here in Connecticut but I know it's coming. It's a good thing you had on your pea coat, huh? best wishes, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear - the pictures really do tell the story! Gave me a good laugh, although I'm sorry for your uncomfortable experience! Hope the rest of October is better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Been there done that, it's all about looking cute sometimes and it catches up with you. Looked fun though. Thanks for sharing. Please add my link to your post indicating you are sharing with me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And then the rain came! Just what you needed, what a bummer, I'm glad you had SNL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, you poor thing! Funny t-shirt though. Thanks for sharing this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Hope to see your prettiness again on Monday. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh, so sorry you got sick. I absolutely hate being cold and wet and blech, so I feel you on that. Luckily *knock on wood* we haven't had any rain yet this fall. I hope parts of it were fun at least! Thanks for sharing at The Fun In Functional!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you are feeling better! That weather is more like winter here in GA. Looks like it was fun until it got too wet/cold though!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs