Sunday, October 7, 2012

Banana Hammocks (the good kind!)

Summer might be over but that doesn't mean that it's quite time to put away that banana hammock.

No, no. Not that kind of banana hammock. Gross.

I mean delicious, cooked bananas topped with melted chocolate, butterscotch and toasted marshmallows. And it couldn’t be easier to make!

Anngredients:
  • Bananas
  • Chocolate Chips
  • Butterscotch chips
  • Mini Marshmallows
  1. Turn oven on Broil, place oven rack as low as it will go. Using a good sized piece of tinfoil, place one banana on top and then fold tinfoil around banana to make a base so the banana sits upright and doesn’t lean to the side.  Then, split down the middle from top to bottom with a sharp knife so the  ingredients can be easily stuffed in the middle.
  2. Slightly pull the peel away from the banana.  Take your chocolate & butterscotch chips and place in the middle of banana. Then, add marshmallows to top.
  3. Place tin foil over bananas so marshmallows don’t burn as easily (they cook EXTREMELY fast so keep an eye on them!).
  4. It’s hard to give an exact cook time–just make sure to keep an eye on them. I cooked mine on High Broil for about 5 minutes and they came out perfect!
You can also substitute the chocolate and butterscotch for other ingredients–it’s your banana hammock, make it your own (har, har, har)!

8 comments:

  1. The name alone made me curious! lol, awesome name and these look yummy :)

    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. We made these at Girl Scout camp with a camp fire when I was a kid, but I didn't remember enough of the details to make them with my children. Now we can make them in the oven! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know these were called banana hammocks! I love these!
    But, now that I think of it, I had no idea what to call them....
    YUM!

    Crystelle
    http://www.crystelleboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea! Thanks so much for the banana hammock recipe! I think my family would really like this!

    Have a blessed and wonderful day!
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness! These look wonderful -- what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, you crack me up! The good kind! I love it!! This sounds like such a great treat! I know my daughter would love these!
    Thanks so much for joining in Mom's Test Meal Mondays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's good to see this information in your post, i was looking the same but there was not any proper resource, thanks now i have the link which i was looking for my research
    best bars to host Corporate Gatherings Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent post. I was reviewing this blog continuously, and I am impressed! Extremely helpful information especially this page. Thank you and good luck. hammock tent

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs