Thursday, October 4, 2012

My Hero Wall

Friends: I need help decorating (one of my biggest weaknesses)! 

Brandon returned home from Afghanistan in February 2011–he is my hero and I wanted to find a way to honor him–so I created a Patriotic wall in our home.

I found the sign for $10 at a Duckwalls/Alco discount store and LOVE it–it was a great bargain! If you don’t have an Alco near you, check out your local Hobby Lobby or craft store. You should be able to find a patriotic sign there–not to mention that Hobby Lobby is always having a sale!

Brandon picked out the pictures he wanted–he decided to go with a few pictures he snapped overseas as well as a picture of him and one of his buddies. We picked up the black frames at Wal-Mart for $.65 each.



Our townhouse is EXTREMELY small, so we don’t have a lot of wall (or floor..) space. Once we get a bigger place, I would love to expand on this.

Any ideas on how to do that? Do you have a patriotic display in your home?

3 comments:

  1. Thank you and God Bless both you and Brandon for your service to our country. I have several items based on the American Flag in my home - a pencil holder painted like a flag, a flag carved out of wood (and painted) that I got an art fair, a 1/2 length table runner that I made out of red white and blue print fabric and hung on the wall - you could pick up little things like that (or sew something) and just add to your 'Patriotic wall' whenever you can. Thanks again for your service and sacrifice for our country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! What a great way to honor him. Thank you so much for sharing at our Weekend Wonders party!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful way to honor him!! Thank you so much for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs